| 04 |

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ||
𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑬𝑫𝑮𝑬𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑯

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 || 𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑬𝑫𝑮𝑬𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑯

【( 04 )】

Miles stood still as he recognized the female once more, yet forgetting to recall her name

Miles stood still as he recognized the female once more, yet forgetting to recall her name. In fact, he was quite embarrassed to have treated her with silence before as she was now someone who he would be looking to for approval, along with information on certain cases.

"So you're the new Deputy Chief?" Miles spoke out, sending Vivienne into a stray of heartbeats. His voice was like molten gold, and for some reason, she seemed to be enjoying his presence despite his cold demeanor. "Indeed, I am."

"Then I must apologize for my behavior earlier," Miles tried his best to sound sincere, but really, he was just trying to get on her good side so he would be able to get away with the things he needed. She seemed like the type of person to easily be swayed by others.

"No worries. Do you need something sir?" However, despite the mannerisms of the girl, Miles couldn't help but feel his chest pound whenever she said his name or called him sir.

He cleared his throat before speaking, "Chief Gant informed me that you will now be approving evidence, as well as witnesses for the Prosecuting Offices Cases, is that right?"

Vivienne wasn't surprised to find her job handed to her so quickly. She was young, a female, and quite tiny for a Deputy Chief so it would be reasonable for any boss to be suspicious of her work ethic. "That is correct. I presume you have some information for me?"

The man standing before her nodded his head, clutching onto the papers ever so lightly, making her think that he was a bit nervous. "Very well. Detective, would you please?" Vivienne held out her hand towards the door in a kind gesture to let himself out. Gumshoe took this as his cue to leave, giving a gracious smile to Vivienne and a slight smirk towards Edgeworth as he left the office.

Vivienne searched through her drawers, not much was in, but enough to fill her week days with work. "And what case might this be?" She spoke, bending down to look at the names of her cases.

"The Lauren Mills case," Miles spoke, taking a seat on the basic chair in front of him. It was a bit uncomfortable but it would have to do for now.

Vivienne grabbed onto the folder, causing a slight awe when she found it. "I do apologise for the seating. As you can see, I haven't quite made this home yet," Viv gestured to the room that held a simple desk, a bookshelf, and one single chair.

"No worries," Miles replied, "Now this is the evidence that-" But he stopped when he noticed the female scanning over the document based on the case. He was taken aback, mainly irritated because he wanted to get back to his office, but instead, he had to sit here and wait. Now, Edgeworth wasn't the type of person to judge one based off of gender, but the characteristics of the female seem to put her in a low bar of respect for him.

Finally, Vivienne finished scanning over the case, making sure to get every last bit of detail etched into her mind before facing the prosecutor before her. "You may begin."

Miles grumbled a bit under his breath but nevertheless, he continued, " The murder weapon," he slid over a gun on the desk, "Fingerprint found on the cloth," He proceeded to slide it down once more, "And a suicide note."

Vivienne wasn't exactly happy about the way he presented the evidence to her, almost as if he saw her as a low-life. So instead of growling with anger, Vivianne decided to play hard to show him that she wasn't someone to walk all over. "Well, then, Mr. Edgeworth, a very unique way of presenting crucial evidence but you did get it done one way or another," Ms. Autry commented with a sly grin before opening up the documents stating the relevance to each item. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary, except one, "Mr. Edgeworth, were you aware that you are missing a piece of evidence?"

He looked surprised. How could he miss a piece of evidence, everything was right there in front of her.

"It states here that the weapon is a .22 revolver, however, the bullets seem to come from another weapon. Where are the bullets Mr. Edgeworth? It's stated here the department handed you this piece of evidence early today," Vivienne asked innocently, but she knew she had trapped him in his own game.

"I," Edgeworth composed himself, "I'm sure one of the detectives must have it."

"That better be the case, or else you'll be having some trouble approving this to be a homicide rather than a suicide. And the fact that you lost important information, well that doesn't dwell well on either of us. Anywho," Ms. Autry sighed, "These all seemed to be in good care so they are approved." She stated, making sure to add her signature under each document.

Miles watched the girl gracefully sign each document, noticing the name to read Vivienne Autry. The name was now familiar to him, so now he was able to refer her as such. Despite his franticness of going to the office, he realized that Vivienne wasn't just a kid who was easily swayed to one side. She held her pride like a trophy, and knew her sense of law enforcement, so he decided that instead of viewing her as an insignificant character to his day to day life, she would now be referred at Deputy Chief.

"Thank you for your time," Miles thanked, his cold eyes just lightening up the slightest bit but not enough to become noticable to the average eye. Vivienne, however, wasn't just an average person. She was observant, too observant to the point that sometimes, she could even predict the next move of her perpetrator.

"Oh, and Mr. Edgeworth," He turned to face the Chief, "Do shut the door on your way out."

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 [𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝐸𝑑𝑔𝑒𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara