| 12 |

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ||
𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑬𝑫𝑮𝑬𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑯

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 || 𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑬𝑫𝑮𝑬𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑯

【( 12 )】

The next day, Vivienne decided to spend it by getting ahead of some work she had to complete

The next day, Vivienne decided to spend it by getting ahead of some work she had to complete. With the weekend off, she had no idea what to do. She was always so invested into her work that whenever she got breaks, it somehow felt more like a curse rather than a gift.

Vivienne gathered up some papers, noticing the name of a particular case involving a magician.

It was only a matter of time before a trial would begin, so Viv decided to head over to the Prosector's office for a quick chat with the attorney. Of course, knowing her luck, the attorney just so happened to be Miles.

With a sigh, Vivienne left her home, dreading the entire car ride towards the large building. Vivienne didn't know why his opinion mattered so much to her. He was simply another character in her story. Just another person to pass by the time as life continued on, introducing new beings only to be left behind when things go wrong. Her heels clicked against the tile as she hesitated stepping into the elevator. Everything in her wanted to turn around and never make contact with Mr. Edgeworth again And yet, her feet unconsciously drove her forward, all the way to his office without a second thought.

Vivienne took a deep breath in, tightening the papers in her hand as she gently knocked on the door. However, to her surprise, she heard the voice of a female welcome her in. Confused, Vivienne stepped through the doorway to be greeted with a beautiful lady with enchanting blue eyes. Miles was calmly writing notes on a piece of paper but glanced up for a second before signing in frustration.

"What do you want Ms. Autry?" He forcefully rubbed the bridge of his nose out of annoyance. Miles has had a long day already, and he didn't want anymore trouble or snarky comments heading his way now, especially from Vivienne.

"Is this is a bad time? I can come back later" Vivienne spoke, but her voice was low, almost a hint of sadness tugging at the tone. In fact, Vivienne hadn't noticed the overwhelming sense of sadness swelling in her chest, and she had no idea why. Maybe it was the snap of his voice. The way his once relaxed body instantaneously tensed up at the sight of her. Or the way he ever so often glanced at the female who was staring at her with curiosity.

Miles was confused at the sudden way her voice automatically went from prideful, to something almost insecure. In a sense, his demeanor changed, as he thought that it was perhaps the way he acted towards her. He didn't mean to be so cold, that's just how he naturally is. This wasn't going to change just for some lady who means nothing more to him than a coworker.

"No, no. Now's fine," Miles turned over to his new client, "We'll continue this another time Mrs. Mathlock."

"Of course. Thank you Mr. Edgeworth. I really appreciate everything your doing for my husband." The lady took a quick bow towards Miles as she got up, and smiled goodbye to Vivienne as they crossed paths. Vivienne had to force a smile to cross her lips out of politeness, but in reality, she felt small against a women like her.

"Is everything alright?" Mile's voice snapped Vivienne out if her mindless thoughts of self pity.

"Huh? Oh yeah, everything's fine," Vivienne cleared her throat, "I just wanted to come by to discuss an upcoming case relating to the so called famous Steel Samurai." The young female made her way over to the seats in front of Miles desk, setting the papers on the table.

The two discussed the questions that must be asked to witnesses, the possible outcomes of the case, and when evidence was the correct time to be presented.

Vivienne caught herself zoning out midway through Miles sentence. It seemed they had been talking for hours now, and frankly, she was getting hungry. Out of all days, she had forgotten to eat breakfast that day.

The true problem with the absence of food was that Vivienne was couldn't remember the last meal she had. It had only just occurred to her how busy the past few days have been to her that appetite was not of importance. Vivienne mentally cursed herself for forgetting one of the most important things to human survival. She had just been so overwhelmed with upcoming cases, paperwork involving recent cases, and transfer papers that still needed time to develop.

Vivienne felt her head spinning and the room was shaking along with it. Her body felt utterly exhausted, as if the life had been drained out of her soul.

"Are you alright?" Vivienne could hear Miles voice but at the same time, she couldn't. It almost sounded muffled in a way. The sound was nearby but when she attempted to focus on his voice, it seemed to grow distant.

"Do you, perhaps, have some sort of snack that I may have?" Vivienne was at the brink of passing out, "Or maybe some water?"

Miles suddenly grew with panic. He noticed as the color drained out of Vivienne's face and how her body slowly dropped into the chair, clinging to her for strength. He knelt down to his drawer where he pulled out a granola bar and then to his work bag, where he kept his water bottle.

"Here, take this," Miles scooted over the drink and granola bar towards Vivienne as she grew even more tired.

"I-I think I'm going to pass out," Vivienne could see her vision clouding into spots of black. Her head spinning as the nausea was becoming too much to bear.

Miles was growing worried by the second. Not only that, but he had no idea how to help her. He had never been in a situation like this.

"Wh-what do I do?" His voice was in distress.