Fear [Chapter 6]

The fear of my own death does not affect me as much as most people..yet the fear of being alone does. Nobody knows what lurks in the darkness around here in this hellish place. I just hope i will not die...alone.

My eyes welled with tears as my heart raced. I had no control over my feet and they shakily carried on walking down the corridor. I finally got to a turn, the wall was covered in blood and red handprints. As i looked beyond it i saw a set of stairs leading down into the darkness. I put my hand on the rail still unsure then i made my way down further.

It didn't take long for another bout of laughter to greet me halfway down like some kind of birthday suprise. It was a lot deeper than before and followed by unidentifible muttering. What was this? a freakshow? torture?

It took me seemingly forever to get to the bottom of the stairs and without looking i stepped in a puddle..of blood. When i realised i yelped and jumped forward. The bad thing about it? The laughter way ahead paused and silence washed over me. It heard me..

An hour or so had passed in this torch lit hell hole that smelt of death. I turned a corner and it brought me to a halt. This looked like an SCP room. Unnnervingly i took a look at the signs after checking the door behind me was closed so the other creature could not follow. The signs told me of a significant danger ahead. They read: 'KEEP AWAY' 'LOCK DOWN IN PROGRESS'. But the last one baffled me again. It read: 'SCP M-' and below the smudged part it said: 'DO NOT TAMPER'.

What did this all mean? i thought to myself as i edged closer to the tightly locked door. From what i counted there were about 7 locks that were huge and a bunch of other little ones. Both guards were dead and the blood ran under the door. I slung the gun from my back and shot the weak spots on each 7 large locks before picking the smaller ones with my hairclip. The last lock was just a simple swipe card. It was nothing i had ever seen in the game before..Level 10. One of the guards had one on them so i took it and chucked my level 3 one on the floor.

Who knows what horror and danger lies beyond this door...