Chapter 3 - Don't You, Don't You, Don't You Know

Y/n was starting to get worried about Peter.

He was hardly showing up for meals anymore, always seemed to be sleeping, and just seemed to have lost his energy. Usually, he was a force to be reckoned with while training, but now, he had to be saved almost all the time. He just couldn't do it.

She also noticed that Peter was starting to get tired. He constantly had bags under his eyes, despite sleeping more. He seemed weaker, thinner, and upset all the time. She knew what his real smile looked like. Y/n hadn't seen it in months.

The last time she had seen his real smile was when they were all hanging out together. Y/n had known that Peter was feeling insecure about his hair, (she'd seen the brown hair dye he was planning to use in his room,) so she had made sure to compliment his hair. It was almost as if it was yesterday. Y/n sat down next to Peter at dinner. He looked at her with a weak smile, then looked back to his food.

"Hey, Peter, your hair looks really nice today," Y/n said, smiling softly and looking over at him.

Peter's head snapped up, eyes wide. "My hair? You really think that my hair looks nice today?" he asked, blushing just a bit.

Y/n nodded. "The silver really adds to it though," she added, smiling still.

"Oh, wow. Thanks," he mumbled, shyly smiling. 

It was hard to miss the grin he had on his face whenever Y/n thought he wasn't looking. 

She had never seen the hair dye again.

But Y/n had not seen one true smile from Peter since then. It seemed like a downward spiral. He seemed moody, and sad. And sometimes, it seems like he simply felt nothing. She just wanted him to be happy. She valued his happiness over her own by this point.

She would do anything for him to be happy.

She loved him.