Chapter 7 - I'm Gonna Run Away and Never See Any of You Again

Y/n knocked on Jean's door, maybe sounding a bit frantic, but she didn't care. She wanted to know what was up with Peter.

Jean opened the door, a bit of a confused expression on her face. "Oh, hey Y/n," she smiled. "What's up?"

Y/n looked at her. "I think that something is wrong with Peter."

"What do you mean by that?" Jean asked, leaning against her door frame.

Y/n frowned. "I think you know what I mean. We both know how he's been lately. Tired, moody, and not genuinely happy. You can read minds. Surely, you've noticed by now."

"I try not to read thoughts, but I've been sensing serious pain and hurt from him lately," Jean nodded a bit.

Y/n gave her a pleading look. "Please, will you just this once try and read his thoughts? I'm worried about him."

Jean thought about it. "I don't know...it would be an invasion of his privacy."

"Jean. You'd be helping somebody. Please," Y/n said, voice breaking on the please.

"Okay, I'll do it," Jean said, closing her eyes and focusing on Peter. She gasped softly, eyes opening. 

"What is it?" Y/n asked.

Jean had wide eyes. "We need to speak to the Professor," she began speed walking down the hall. "Now."