Chapter 12 - I Hope The Roof Flies Off and I Get Blown Out Into Space

Peter overlooked the water below the bridge. It would be easy. Just a simple jump, and he would be done. Game over. He could quit, and finally be done with the shitshow that was his life.

Could he really do it though? Could he really end his life? Could he really give up?

No, Peter told himself. I have to do this. I'm already chickening out of life. I can't chicken out of chickening out.

He leaned against the edge, looking down. He shivered, pulling his jacket around his shoulders, although he wasn't even cold. These were his final moments.

Looking around, he took in the beauty of the world. The sky, the bridge, hell, even the water looked pretty cool.

He just wished he was cool enough to join the world. Peter felt like an alien. He felt like an outsider in the world. He didn't fit in, he just didn't, and there was no fixing it.

Peter just wanted to die, and finally, he had his chance.

A woman walked up to him, holding a camera. "Excuse me, could you take a photograph of me please?" she asked, in some accent that wasn't from there. Peter nodded silently and grabbed the camera she held out.

Peter took a photo of her, smiled softly, handed the camera back, and waited for her to walk away.

He waited for her to let him die.