Chapter 13 - I Always Make Such Expensive Mistakes

"X-Men, we are on a mission to rescue one of our own tonight," Raven said as they walked towards the jet.

Kurt whispered something to Scott about Peter not being there.

Scott looked around, noticing that Kurt was right. Peter was nowhere to be seen. "Ms. Darkholme, where is Peter?" he asked.

Raven frowned. "He's the one we're saving."

Kurt and Scott shared a grave look. Ororo was staring ahead, towards the jet. Raven looked over to her. "Ororo, get us to the Golden Gate Bridge as fast as you can. I don't care how turbulent the flight is, or how airsick we get. We need to get there, now." Ororo nodded and got on the jet, heading right for the pilot's seat.

Raven, Kurt, Scott, Jean, Erik, Warren, and Y/n got on the jet as well. Charles was staying back with Cerebro, so somebody besides Hank could stay back and watch the other students.

As soon as everyone had gotten strapped into their seats, Ororo flew the Blackbird faster than she had ever dared. They were going around 11 times the speed of sound. Scott was turning a bit green.

Ororo was using her powers to move the air around them, so they would still go faster. The ground was whizzing by under them. In about 5 minutes, they had arrived in San Francisco. Warren crossed his arms. "I know what it's like to be Peter now," he groaned.

Raven shot him a glare. "This is a serious situation. Stop joking," she snapped. Warren rolled his eyes. 

"Why, did he get kidnapped or something?" he asked.

Raven looked at him. "He's trying to jump off the bridge!"

The jet went silent. Everyone, except for Jean and Y/n, looked horrified. Warren looked down in shame. "Sorry..."

When Ororo got to the bridge, she landed on a parking lot nearby. Everyone ran out of the jet to the pedestrian part of the bridge. Jean, Warren, and Ororo took to the skies to go and find Peter. 

Kurt was teleporting around, looking for him. Y/n was the one to spot him, though.

She ran over to him, tears forming in her eyes. Peter had climbed over the edge of the bridge. He was just staring out into the water now.

"Peter, don't do it!" Y/n shrieked.