Chapter 4 - There's Nothing More Cruel Than To Be Loved By Everybody

Peter got back to his room after training, not even wincing as he sat on his bed and grabbed his razor again, making more cuts, upset with how the other ones had healed so quickly, leaving a scar. He wanted fresh cuts. He wanted to bleed. He wanted to feel.

As he made more cuts, he started crying a bit, tears rolling down his cheeks and onto his suit, which he hadn't changed out of yet. He didn't want to wait. He had to cut. He had to make more scars.

In the middle of leaving another cut, a short knock was heard on his door. Peter's eyes widened, and he quickly pulled his sleeve up, speeding to hide his razor and wipe his tears away.

He went over to the door and opened it, shocked to see Y/n.

"Hey, Peter," Y/n said, smiling at him.

Peter looked at Y/n. "Hi..." he mumbled, voice shaking just a bit.

Y/n looked into his eyes, noticing how red and puffy they were. She made a decision considered impulsive, but one she knew was necessary. 

She hugged him.

Peter had never felt something so good. It felt great to just be wrapped up in her arms, the worries taken away for a sliver of a second. He almost forgot about his plans. The plans he was still going to complete one day. He almost thought he felt happy.

But he didn't. He knew that he couldn't. Being happy wasn't something that he could do anymore.

He didn't know why everyone gave him this fake love. It felt like nobody really loved him. Nobody really cared for him. He just wanted to feel love.

Peter knew how he was going to feel love, too. He was going to visit the Golden Gate Bridge tonight and see the water. He would finally be going home.