fifty one

It has been a year

It has been a year. The Resistance has grown, our numbers are large. Our base on Ajan Kloss is thriving. The First Order has yet to find us, and our spy is providing much helpful information.

The next thing they've provided for us is the location of information about the Emperor. There have been rumors that's he's come back, and now we'll know for sure.

The informant is on the ice planet Kijimi. So far, we haven't spotted any TIE fighters.

In the back, Poe, Finn, Chewie, and I are play Dejarik. And Chewie, as usual, is winning. Chewie is sizing up his moves, while I whisper in his ear.

He lets out a soft growl.

This causes both Poe and Finn to lean forward.

It's silent again for a few seconds more.

"Are you ever gonna go?" Poe asks. I roll my eyes at him.

"Shush. He needs to concentrate."

Chewie glares at Poe.

"He can't beat us every time." Finn murmurs.

"Apparently he does." Poe says.

"How does he do it?"

"This guy right here? It's because he cheats." Poe says, leaning back in his seat.

I roll my eyes and let out a huff as Chewie lets out a loud roar at the two boys.

"I'm kidding!" Poe says with a grin.

"Come on. Take your turn." Finn whines.

"You're 250 years old." I say, petting Chewie's arm. The Wookiee calms down. "Of course you're better than them." I say, throwing a smirk at Poe.

"You're taking forever. That's cheating." Finn says, sitting up straight. "And that's why we think you're cheating."

"The two of you are very angry." I say in mock caring.

Before Poe or Finn can respond, there's a loud beeping coming from the Falcon. It signals that we're about to exit lightspeed.

Chewie stands up and lets a growl.

"Don't worry." Finn says.

"They're not gonna turn it off. I'll watch them." I reassure Chewie. He nods and heads towards the cockpit.

"He's cheating." Finn says, standing up. The former trooper walks off.

"Definitely." Poe responds. He sits and waits for me to stand up. "Why do you always side with him? You know you could potentially go against Chewie and win."

"I know." I say sticking out my tongue at my boyfriend. "But if I play on Chewie's side, then I'm guaranteed to win."

Poe sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "You're a real pain in my ass."