The morning after

word count: 2008

Wilbur's pov:

My alarm went off at 7:15, I groaned and turned to hit the snooze button until I realized where I was and what had happened. I rolled out of bed, walked to my closet and put on a fresh pair of clothes complete with a pair of ripped black jeans and a STAR WARS t-shirt.

I decided to check on Noah before staring my day. As I opened his door and peeked around it I found him on his bed face down snoring softly. Mental note: Noah snores. His window faces the sunrise and in an hour or so the whole room would be flooded with light, so I decided to close his curtains, not all the way, just so that waking up would still be comfortable. I then tip- toed out of his room and quietly shut the door.

I once again found myself in the lunch club kitchen using one of the very few appliances available: the coffee pot. After I had brewed and fully consumed my bean juice I started off where I ended yesterday. I made short work of the counters and piled up all the dishes on one side of the sink so I could clean them all later with any others I was to find.
Now, what should I make for breakfast? I looked in the fridge and saw, practically nothing; bread, yogurt, leftovers, eggs, cold cuts....

Well, I guess I could make eggs and toast or maybe.. oh! French toast! As I started pulling out the ingredients I  hoped that no one here was vegan. Now Carson said I have 7 roommates, so two pieces of toast per person, that means I need 14 plus 2 slices of bread for me. Damn, that's a lot, looks like I should have enough though.

Just then I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and into the kitchen.
"Hey there! Perfect timing can you tell me if anyone that lives here is vegan?"
"uhh.. hi? No we all pretty much eat whatever's in front of us.... umm if you don't mind me asking, who are you? "
"Oh! Sorry, that completely slipped my mind, I'm Wilbur, the maid Carson hired. I guess I never ended up bumping into you yesterday. "
"Oh ok, that makes a lot of sense, nice to meet you, I'm Charlie."
"So Charlie, do you like French toast? Also, are you hungry? And would you like any? I'm making some!"

Charlie grinned and slowly walked over to Wilbur.

"You ask a lot of questions, huh? But yes I would love some French toast right now. So, who have you met so far?"

Wilbur spoke while cracking eggs, dipping, frying and serving

"Well Ted drove me here, he seems nice... then I met Cooper who tried to convince me he was Carson, soon after that came the real Carson. I've seen and heard Schlatt but haven't talked to him yet, he seems pretty busy. Oh! And Travis I saw him stream for a few seconds, after that I met Noah who came home with alcohol poisoning last night...  So I guess you're that last one, huh?"

When I looked up Charlie was staring at me wide-eyed as I handed him his breakfast and continued to cook the rest.
"What?! Noah had AlCOhoLPoiSOnINg?!"
"Probably, yeah, but he's fine now, Carson and I took care of him."
"Oh okay...... damn! This is some good toast do you mind if i go and eat this in bed."

I beamed. He likes my cooking? He likes my cooking! That's a win in my book!
" Oh yeah, sure! Do whatever makes you happy! Can you just bring the dishes down after you're done?"

Charlie spoke with a mouth full of toast.

"ffure no prowbwem!"
I grinned as I watched him walk away.

~ time skip~ ( Wilbur just finished making all the breakfast and put them in a warm oven so they wouldn't get cold.)

Schlatt's pov:

I rolled over in my bed, taking in the musty room around me. 8:45, why am i awake this early? ugh, never mind might as well get up, i have to get back to that client from yesterday anyways. On my way out i put on a pair of sweatpants and a button-up i promised myself i would actually button up later. With a bare chest and messy hair i headed upstairs.