shopping with Travis

word count:

Wilbur's pov:

Ok, i've only got a half an hour before heading out with Travis, first thing's first, i need to take a shower, maybe check up on Noah again later and take care of those dishes.

I headed upstairs and into my room, i then grabbed a towel and walked over to the upstairs bathroom. I was about to enter, but i heard the faint sound of running water coming from inside already, i sighed before turning on my heel and leaving.

Just  my luck that someone is taking a shower at the exact time i wanted to take mine. Well, i need to shower one way or another before leaving, my hair is greasy and i'm starting to smell a little. There's another bathroom up here but its connected to both Coopers and Travis's room, that feels like a bit much, i want to respect their privacy . The only other place i know with a shower is the bottom floor and, its not ideal but at least its not directly connected to Schlatt's room. 

I jogged back down the stairs to my destination clutching my towel. I quickly found the room and locked the door behind me. Soon after my clothes were in a pile on the floor and i was waiting for the running water to warm up to a suitable temperature. Once that temperature was reached i hopped in letting the hot stream of water hit my skin. Opening my eyes i could see the steam around me rising as the new found reality about my  living or i guess working environment finally started to  settle in.

~time skip~

i had finished my shower and gotten dressed again, as i exited the room i looked around and made eye contact with Schlatt, who had his bedroom door open for once. The room was dark and musty, a large part of it was taken up by a king sized bed but there was still sufficient room to move around or, i guess in Schlatt's case, to pace back and forth. But now he was standing still, staring at me. He had a phone in one hand and a large book with what looked like a thousand post-it notes and tabs sticking out of it, i could just barely hear the person on the other side of the line ramble on about something or other. After a few seconds with an abundance of movement i decided i should probably be on my way so i gave him a quick smile and wave before heading back up the fights of stairs.

Next up, i wrote two notes and put one in my pocket and slid the other under Noah's door, i also took the shopping list i had composed earlier and headed into the kitchen. I cracked two raw eggs into a glass, placed the second note over top of it and placed that into the fridge.

Noah is gonna hate me for this...

I quickly loaded up the dishwasher and turned it on so i could get back to it when i returned. I pulled out my phone and checked the time. Only 5 minutes behind schedule, not too bad.

"TRAVISSSS!"

I called out to the boy as i moved towards the front door.

" uh.. COMING! BE THERE IN A SECOND!"

I heard the opening and closing of doors and someone walking down the stairs as i put on my shoes and jacket.

"Hey Travis, ready to go?"

"He probably still needs a bit of time... i'm surprised you took my advice about the shopping trip seriously."

I looked up from what i was doing to see a familiar face but not the one i was expecting. The blonde smiled down at me as my cheeks started to flush slightly.

"Oh, sorry bout that, Carson! I'm sure you can guess i was expecting someone else.....uhhh by the way your's and Noah's breakfast's are in the oven. Would you mind making sure he finds it and takes is hangover cure too?"