The records cafe

word count: 1883

Wilbur's POV:

i was running around the house doing a general clean.I felt nervous yet excited for my date tonight and i thought this was a good way to keep my mind from it. Sweeping( even the boys room), dishes, laundry, really anything I could get my hands on. I managed to do all that, take a shower and thrown on some casual clothes( grey shirt, ripped black jeans and a bright blue jeans jacket with patches here and there) before Schlatt called me downstairs.

He himself was wearing a brown 'dessert storm' themed sweater with a green jacket and dark blue jeans. We walked to the bistro. It wasn't far, only about fifteen minutes. the cafe had a retro yet cutesy look to it, very aesthetically pleasing. I followed the brunette to a small booth near one of the corners. It was quite secluded but it wasn't like there were many people in the establishment anyways.

We were sat next to a large window that looked out towards the street. It was quite a cliche setting with cars only passing by time to time or the odd person walking their dog. Soon, there was a light pitter-patter to be heard from outside, it was only drizzling but it made me grateful for the fact i was indoors. I looked back at Schlatt who had his head in his hand and something indescribable fluttering behind his eyes as he looked at me.

I was brought out of my trance by a tired looking waitress 'welcome to the records cafe, here are your menus, holler if you need anything.' Something about the girl seemed familiar, her blonde hair and provocative eyeliner just rung a bell. The girl sashayed away and Jay rolled his eyes at her provocative way of moving before speaking up .

'You know why I like this place so much?'
'No clue.'
'Watch'

Schlatt turned to a box on the side of the table. It was full of records and next to it sat an old fashioned record player. How did I not notice that?

The brunette in front of me sifted through the box and soon pulled out a paper pouch holding a record. It might have just been the lighting but in that moment i couldn't help fall into a trance because of him. That dangerous yet enticing smirk, those mysterious brown orbs of his, I could get lost in them for hours. As the needle hit the disk the soothing sound of Billy Joel filled our booth. 1980's? That's fits the vibe. His glance fell back onto me and I felt my cheeks flush slightly. Instead of focusing on him and making a fool of myself, I turned to the menu, flipping through the drink options. Dammit, why is he affecting you this much? It's a normal fucking situation, keep it in you pants Wil! I listened as the brunette in front of me went on.

'You know what they call me?' 
I rolled my eyes but hummed to let him know I was paying attention.
He leaned in close to me and whispered 'They call me the man of the nineteen eighties.'
I dropped the menu in exasperation letting it hit the table, but still i couldn't quite look him in the eye. 'And why do they call you that, Schlatt?'

'Cause I want your sex.' That statement caught me off guard completely. I looked him straight in the eye my entire face turning a deep shade of red. He had a huge shit eating grin plastered on his face. I looked for something, anything as to be a clue for why he said that, and soon enough I found it. In his hand was a record cover that in bold text held the words:

George  Michael

I want your sex