Snicker doodles

i had just finished making lunch, chicken Alfredo was on the menu, i just hopped that i made enough for eight people. i quickly announced the news in the group chat. On top of that i had make a quick bread dough so that it could proof over night and i could bake it in the morning so Schaltt could have fresh bread for his requested breakfast of toast with cream cheese.He might be a douche, but i have a job to do. Just making the dough left me feeling a little unsatisfied, i wanted to actually bake something.

Maybe cookies? they're quick and easy to make and have over with, the only question was what type; peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal, sugar cookies, snicker-doodles...

Schaltt rounded the corner, looking for some lunch and bringing me out of my thoughts.

Wil: Chocolate chip or Snicker-doodle?

Jay: Gesundheit.

Wil: No, i'm serious, Chocolate chip or Snicker-doodle?

Jay: Snicker doodle obviously. I live for them chewy cinnamony piles of sugar.

Mental note: Schlatt likes cinnamon.

i raised my eyebrows at him in mock surprise.

Wil: Snicker doodle it is then.

I picked up my phone and opened up Fooby (recipe app) searching for a suitable Snicker doodle recipe to use.

Jay: So what? You're just going to order them or something?

Wil: No, i'm looking for a recipe.

Jay: Bah! And you call yourself a maid. Here's a recipe for you: 2 2/3 cups flour, 2 teaspoons cream of tartar, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1 1/3 cups sugar, 1 cup butter softened, 2 eggs and for the topping about 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Then you cream the butter, sugar, and eggs and once combined add any dry ingredients. Lastly roll into balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.

I simply stood motionless and stared at the boy in front of me. i must have worn a flabbergast expression because he only smirked, walking around the kitchen counter and into the pantry.

Wil: Wha- how do you know that all by heart?

Jay: What can i say, i like sweets.....

Shlatt must be a secret baker. That's why there were some baking tools here before i even arrived. Gosh, how could one person have such opposing characteristics?

I turned around to see Schlatt amble out of the pantry hardly keeping a grip on all of the necessary ingredients. he plopped them down onto the counter and offered me a big toothy grin from behind the pile.

Jay: Get measuring, boy!

I rolled my eyes but did as i was told. I turned on the oven to let it preheat before getting to work. I would measure out the correct quantities of each element and gave them to Schlatt who would then combine them all. After that i would form balls with even amount of dough before handing them over to schlatt who would coat them in the sugar mixture and place them on the baking tray. we actually worked quite well together and in no time i was sliding the tray into the oven, turning around to face Schlatt and placing my hands on my hips.

Jay: Now, all that's left is to clean up.

according to jay this consisted of the elder sitting cross legged on the counter next to the sink and consuming any scrap of left over cookie dough found on the spatula or bowl. All the while i returned the ingredients to the pantry and cleaned what ever Schlatt declared as no longer forage able.