I'm so sorry, Schlatt

Wilbur's pov:
My entire body was sore when I woke up.  I felt my eyes flutterer open, being greeted by a dark and musky room I recognized as Schlatt's. I tried to move into a more comfortable position but quickly realized that I couldn't. With a glance at my chest I found out that Schlatt's body was draped around me, cementing me in place.

Memories of last night surged through my mind. Schlatt's light moans and rough skin moving against mine. I felt a strong blush blossom on my cheeks as I leaned down to place a few soft kisses on the sleeping brunette's forehead.

I knew he would hate me if he woke up alone but I really had to go to the bathroom. I gently unwrapped his arms from my torso and shifted his weight so that he slid off of me and onto the mattress. Before I left I pressed my mouth against his palm and peppered a few small kisses to his roughed up skin. I then gently placed a blanket over him and left the room as quietly as possible. My weight leaned against the doorframe after it was closed, I let out a long sigh letting the non-sweat ridden air fill my lungs.

The feeling of fresh air reminded me that after last night's events I desperately needed a shower.  I took slow steps over to Schlatt's bathroom before moving inside. I locked the door before turning the water on in the shower. I then unclothed myself from the only item I was wearing, my boxers. As much as I wanted to wash myself, I didn't want to lose the faint smell of my American boy that floated around me.

My eyes trailed my body looking for any signs of the night before. I didn't find much more than a few small red marks here and there. I knew Schlatt would have it much worse. God, I hope he can still get out of bed.

I showered with little difficulty. After that I brushed my teeth and relived myself. I was rather slow at all of this because of my sleepy state. Eventually I wrapped a towel around my waist, grabbed yesterday's clothing off the floor and headed to the laundry room. I picked out some comfortable clothes I had yet to put away after throwing the dirty boxers in the laundry basket. I got changed and headed upstairs in hopes of making breakfast for Schlatt and I.

I stretched my arms behind my head as I walked into the kitchen, eyes half lidded. I jumped back slightly hearing someone address me, I didn't expect to find anyone here.
'Mornin' Wilbur!'
'Oh! Uhhh hi Carson...'
'I'm making coffee, want any?'
'Actually, yeah. Do you know if Schlatt drinks coffee? Cause in that case I'll ask you to make a third cup as well.'

Carson turned from the pot to face me, seemingly deep in thought. His expression soon changed to trying to stifle a laugh. I cocked my head to side asking a silent question but it only made the blonde wheeze more. He tried to form a sentence through his laughing fit but it was hardly understandable.
'H- ha -have a f- fun time last ni- night di- did we?'
' I uhh I don't know wh-'

As I spoke my hand drifted to rub my neck, It happened whenever I got nervous. My sentence stopped abruptly when a stinging sensation went shooting through my neck.  In that moment the trail of hickeys leading from my collarbone to my jaw became very apparent to me. My cheeks went up in flames and it in no way helped Carson's state. I realized that there really wasn't much I could do to calm him down. Instead i moved towards the boy and lightly pushed him to the side so I could finish making coffee.  In doing so I noticed what seemed to be writing on Carson's forearm. I recognized it as something Josh did. It was his way of labeling something (someone) as his. It  was his way of saying 'this ones mine, back off'. He would write something so private and personal, that anyone who read it would think the author and recipient were dating.
'Carson, what's that on your arm?'
'Huh? What are you ta- talking about?'

The blondes smile vanished as he saw what I had mentioned. He took a few seconds to read and reread the message before looking back at me with an almost scared expression. It was my turn to laugh as he rushed past me and to the sink furiously trying to rub the message off, but to no avail.

'So, what did he write?'
'None of your damn business...'
'You know I'll just end up asking him anyways, right?'
'That son of a- Why would he do this it seems so unnecessary.'
'It's his way marking territory. He must be very fond of you.'

Carson looked at me in utter disbelief  from over his shoulder.
'Marking his what.'
'Territory. He's just making sure no one else get the chance to have you while he's gone. He even has a pen that's almost impossible to wash off skin for like a week. If I were you I would just put on a sweater and forget about it.'

The blonde slouched letting out an exasperated sigh. I handed him one of the cups of coffee and he perked up immediately. Without as second thought he started to ramble.
'So the entire Lunch Club and team are going to do a beach trip this weekend. Most of us are bringing plus ones, I know for a fact that Ted and Charlie are bringing Grace and Madi. I was planning of asking Josh to come and I just assumed Schlatt would want you to tag along. I'm surprised he didn't tell you.'
'Oh well, I'll ask him about it. When are we going?'
'Tomorrow, first thing.'
'I guess I got a bit of packing to do then.'

I offered Carson a small smile before grabbing my mug and  heading back downstairs. I took the stairs two at a time and as I did so i tried to ignore the thoughts that whispered: He didn't tell you because he doesn't want you there.

When I opened the door to Schlatt's room I was surprised to find it empty. I placed my mug on the nightstand before going over to the bed and lifting pillows and blankets left and right in the hopes of finding him there.  When I deemed the room truly empty I realized that he had to be elsewhere in the house and that I should really go looking for him.

I stepped out of the room and paused, looking or I suppose listening for a clue. The light hum of the shower next door signified where I should check next.  I pressed my palm against the door handle wondering if I should really do this or not. I felt bad for leaving him alone in his bed this morning so he will probably appreciate it.

I gently opened the door before stepping in and locking it behind us. I heard a small whimper from behind the shower curtain.
'Hey, Schlatt. Are, are you ok?'
'Wha- oh hi Wil. I- i don't really know how to answer that.... everything really fucking hurts but, damn. I dunno...'
A small yelp sounded from the shower, I only picked at a hangnail on my thumb.
'I'm sorry you had to wake up alone this morning....'
' It's ok, I'm used to it.'
I inwardly cringed at his remark, knowing I probably caused him more pain than pleasure. It took another hiss of discomfort before I spoke up, my eyes completely fixated on the miniature red pearls forming near my cuticles.
'Do you uhhh do you need any help?'
'Actually, Yeah. I can hardly reach anywhere with this level of soreness.'
I heard him shuffle around a bit before the curtain was drawn back. My eyes were still fixated on my hands. I sighed and slowly lifted my head.

What I saw shook me to the core. His collarbones, pelvis and chest were covered in hundreds of small bruises. His wrists thighs and throat were tainted red with small lines that threatened to be cut skin. He had large dark circles under his eyes accompanied by puffy red lips and cheeks.

I never usually stayed long enough to see the after effects of my nights out. Seeing damage like this caused by me was just unreal.

I took two steps closer, taking in his beaten and bruised features.
My hand move upwards towards his face, but hovered there for a few moments as if asking for permission. He blinked slowly as if answering: yes, but be gentle this time. I softly tucked a tuft of hair behind his ear before letting my hand rest on his cheek. He winced ever so slightly at the pain and it broke my heart to bits. I had done this. I had broken the man I cared about so much to the point I couldn't even touch him. And for what? One enjoyable night? Fuck Wilbur, you're such a heartless prick.

I let a single sentence fall from my lips, even though is was hardly understandable through the emotion I didn't realize was building up in my throat. 'Im so sorry....'
A lone tear trickled down from my eye as I spoke.
'Don't be.'
He placed his own torn hand over mine before signaling me to move closer. I did as i was told leaning in as close to him as possible without getting in the shower myself. I wrapped my arms around him as gently as i could yet I still heard him hiss at the contact. I let my head rest against his chest. I knew my clothes were getting soaked through but I couldn't give a care in the world for I was being held by the man of my dreams.
-/—————-
Did this in two days so it's really lazy. Anything y'all want to see in the beach trip?
I've started a new book and it's kinda all over the place, I'll prolly be uploading there more than here.
Thus story is almost over prolly like another 4 chapters max.
Thank for reading
Luv u <3