Back To My Roots

(Y/n) stared at the warm sky turning blue, teardrops on the letter next to her, eyes half closed.

From the end of the hill to the outside of the Edelstein mansion, Françoise was tenderly watering the flowers as the late spring heat made itself present in the weather. It had been over a week since (Y/n) had gone mysteriously missing, the entire town hadn't given up hope just yet but it was almost like she vanished off the face of the earth. Poor Françoise shed as many tears as a woman like her could. Elisabetta was devastated-especially after finding out about the affair between Françoise and Roderich, just salt in the wound. Roderich was desperately trying to keep together the marriage on the other hand wondering where he went wrong when it came to (Y/n).

All the flowers had properly bloomed, the children from town and towns away picking the flowers and making flower crowns singing and dancing. The Warm comforting presence of May made its way singing across Rosemary, Françoise whispered a delightful tune.

Françoise stared at the April tree, It's Petals were growing grey and brown, This made Françoise sad, as someone who loves gardening, seeing such a beautiful tree start to lose its leaves could bring disappointment to anyone.

Françoise then noticed something wasn't right, there was a shadow casted right near the April tree. It looked like a person was there, maybe a man- no a woman, maybe a little girl, no it kind of looked like-

(Y/n)!!!

Françoise dropped everything and bolted towards the April tree across the soft grass right up the hill and called out loud to (Y/n).

Françoise could hardly believe what her eyes saw, "Oh my god, It's- (Y/n)!!"

(Y/n) Opened her eyes and almost cried tears of joy when she saw her, "Françoise!!"

Françoise crouched down to (Y/n)'s level and looked at her comfortingly. "What happened to you, the whole street, Town state we're all looking for you endlessly and you are here, What happened to you?"

(Y/n) didn't even say anything and hugged Françoise as tight as she could, almost choking her, Françoise didn't even care. "Oh Françoise you have no idea how happy I am to see you." (Y/n) looked around in confusion.

"Where is mom and dad."

Françoise just looked at (y/n) sympathetically almost crying. She looked like she had some bad news. "I have awful news, Mr. and Mrs. Edelstein decided that....they are better off without each other and they are trying to get a divorce."

(Y/n) was shocked beyond belief- and she had seen a lot of shocking thing in the past few days or weeks or, come to think of it how long has it even been?

"Does that mean they don't want me anymore, whatever at least I'm back!"

"Good point (Y/n), I need to tell the Edelsteins, those two aristocratic sillies are gonna slip their lids!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Françoise took (Y/n) inside the mansion walls, The Edelsteins were having a loud argument over something big. (Y/N) almost went in but Françoise quickly pulled her back and blocked her ears, All of a sudden (Y/n) got a flashback.

"Y-you little SHIT!"

(Y/n) quickly shook off that thought, her heart was still racing.

"Roderich look at me in the eye!"

"Please Elisabetta can we not go over this again, please-"

"Don't give me THAT excuse again Roderich, you know what you did, how dare you disrespected me in MY OWN home. I AM the breadwinner here, not you leech off MY MONEY and give me nothing in return. YOU GIVE ME NOTHING IN RETURN. You shag our MAID of all people and try to leave ME with the CHILD WHO IS MISSING?! YOU are heartless and CRUEL. If we are EVEN ABLE to get a divorced I hope you starve on the streets you piece of-"