I Don't Think I Can

"Where do I begin?" Yoongi snorted, shaking his head and collapsing onto the couch.

Jeongguk sat back on the couch as well; the only difference between the two being he was more stiff, still worried about his friend.

"Just go from the beginning. Take it slow."

Yoongi nodded, taking in a deep breath as his body melted into the couch before starting. "Basically...the entire night Hoseok couldn't keep his eyes off of...off of Jimin."

He inhaled harshly through his teeth, as if in pain. "It wasn't fun, third wheeling. He just looked at him like, like how I look at him. I went in there thinking maybe, just maybe I could be friends with Jimin, that he wouldn't be so bad.

"That's the thing," he nodded his head several times, confirming his thoughts, "He wasn't bad. He's actually really sweet a-and kind but. Dammit the way Hoseok looked at him!" He was starting to get worked up now, the night's events not sitting with him well.

Jeongguk placed a hand on his back, patting it softly in slow intervals. "You're doing good. Keep going, let it all out."

He voice was soft and comforting to the older. It was what Yoongi needed after such a long, awful, tiresome day.

"I don't know how much longer I can put up with this."

"With what, Yoongi? Put up with what?"

"I don't know how much longer I can be friends with him." That's when the first tear dropped. Jeongguk moved closer, wrapping his arms around the older and resting his cheek on his shoulder.

"You guys are best friends," Jeongguk said softly, not understanding how his hyung could throw away their friendship just like that.

"Exactly," he spit out, "'Best friends'. That's all we'll ever be. And I don't know if I can live like that for the rest of my life. I can't see myself ever getting over him if I still have to see him every day, pretending like things are normal!"

"I get you, Hyung, but don't you think you can wait a little longer?"

"...I don't think I can."

———