Okay? Okay

"Okay, so you have the money?" Jeongguk questions nervously. He's been freaking out all day, unable to control his nerves. A contrast to the seemingly calm Taehyung.

"Yes I have the money," Taehyung confirmed for the fifth time while they sat in Jeongguk's car, awaiting the arrival of 2:50 when they would walk into the cafe.

"And what about-."

"Yes, Gguk, Hobi is on his way," Taehyung replied, cutting the boy off. Jeongguk's been repeating himself all morning, checking and double checking that everything is going according to plan.

"You need to stop worrying," Taehyung said with a concerned look on his face.

"I-I don't understand how you're not worried! You're about to see your disgusting father who's been threatening you for a month and has put you through so much and you seem perfectly normal! So yes, I'm worried! Because a normal person would be worried!"

Taehyung sighed at his words and leaned across the center console, cupping his cheek and placing a light kiss on his lips.

"Jeongguk, I am freaking out on the inside," he whispered lowly, pulling away. "I am freaking out. But I know I have to do this in order to be happy. I need to move past this stage in my life. I can't keep fearing that my dad or his men are going to hurt me at any given moment." He inhaled. "I know this is just an obstacle I need to over come. And I will. Because thanks to you and Hobi I have the opportunity to fight back. For the first time in my life, I am fighting back."

Jeongguk nodded, a gentle smile forming on his face. "You're really strong," he stated. "You know that?"

Taehyung blushed, shaking his head. "No I'm not."

"Yes," the younger said, bring his thumb under Tae's chin so he's looking at him, "You are. And you don't need me to convince you of that. Because you. Are. Strong." He enunciated each word with so much certainty behind it that Taehyung couldn't do anything but believe him. Jeongguk truly is the right one for Taehyung. He just gets him. And he supports him and is always looking out for him. Jeongguk always tries his hardest to put Taehyung's feelings before his own. And that is a man worth keeping.

"Okay," Taehyung whispered.

"Okay?" Jeongguk asked.

"Okay," he confirmed, a wide grin taking over his face.

"Okay," Jeongguk grinned as well.

———

Taehyung checked his phone, seeing it was 2:50, and looked up, going to tell Jeongguk it's time. That was, until he looked up and saw a familiar car being pulled into the parking lot, and an even more familiar man getting out.

"Oh my god," Taehyung whispered.

"OH MY GOD!" He screamed, hitting Jeongguk's chest, rather hard, in order to get his attention.

"WHAT?!" Jeongguk screamed back, startled by the older hitting him and screaming in such close proximity.

"THAT'S HOSEOK!" He screamed, pointing out the car.

"Okay and?" Jeongguk huffed. He knew the older was meeting up with them, so what's the big deal?

"LOOK!" He screamed yet again, jabbing his finger in their direction.

Yes, their.

While Hobi was sitting in the passenger's seat, Yoongi was in the driver's.

"Oh my god," Jeongguk whispered.

"OH MY GOD!" He screamed after.

"I know!" Taehyung whisper yelled in disbelief.

As if the mere idea of the two being together shocked them enough, they weren't prepared in the slightest to see Hobi lean over and kiss the man before getting out of the car, a big smile on his face as he waved Yoongi off.

The two boys stared in shock, jaws both slack as the openly gawked at the scene in front of them.

It wasn't until Hoseok turned around after Yoongi's car was out of sight that he noticed the two unmoving boys within the car.

Hobi walked over, his cheeks growing pink, no doubt from just being caught.

As he reached the car, he knocked on Tae's window, motioning him to roll it down.

"So I take it you two made up?" Taehyung smirked after lowering the window and breaking out of his shock.

"Yes. I suppose we talked things out."

"Looks like you did more than just tal- OW! Gguk what the hell?"

Jeongguk shrugged from his seat, still not quite over the scene he just witnessed. "No offense, Tae, but I don't need to picture two of my best friends making out," he deadpanned.

Taehyung frowned, muttering something about not deserving to be hit before turning his attention back to Hoseok. "Well, when baby Kookie has been put down for a little nappy," he mocked in a baby voice, "I want all the details."

"Tae~," he groaned, dragging his face down his hands, obviously embarrassed.

"Hey," he started, "Just because you don't want the details doesn't mean that I don't."

"I will make sure to give you all the details, Tae," Hobi assured. "Now, both of you, get your asses in the cafe. It's 2:55. You're already running behind schedule."

————

Ahhhhhhhhh

Hey is anyone really good at designing book covers? I still don't have one for my next book and if any of y'all just get super bored, I would love to feature one! If you're interested you can either comment here or dm me and I'll give you some deets abt the book and title

Take care<33