What Comes Next?

A couple hours after Hobi left, both boys were found cuddled up in bed; Jeongguk behind Taehyung with his arms wrapped around his waist while the other male played with his hands.

"What happens when this is all over?" Taehyung asks, breaking the comfortable silence.

Jeongguk had been thinking about this constantly. What does come next? If he was going to be honest, he didn't really know. But what he wanted was to take the older out on a date. Nothing too fancy, but a first date that they'll both find perfect. There was also the question of Taehyung moving back into his apartment...Jeongguk wasn't sure he wanted that.

Throughout the time Taehyung has spent living with him, he found that it was a lot less lonely. He lives in a huge apartment, of course it'd get lonely. But he knew it was too soon to ask the boy to move in with him. So he settled on saying, "When this is all over, I'm going to ask you out on a date."

Taehyung turned around in his arms, a shocked, but happy look on his face. "Are you serious?" he questioned, wanting to make sure that his leg wasn't being pulled.

"Yes," he confirmed. "I'm serious. I want to take you out on a date. I want to be yours and I want you to be mine," he said sweetly before shaking his head with a disagreeing look on his face. "Even though a lot of people say that, I still think it's weird. Let's get this straight: I don't own you, and I never will. Because you're not an object, but I do want to be boyfriends," he clarified.

"That's very sweet of you," Taehyung said. "But you can still call me yours. Because that's what I will be. I will be your boyfriend."

Jeongguk couldn't help but smile. He really really liked this boy. He may even say he loves him, but it might be too soon for that. But don't they say "when you know, you know"? He decided he'll wait until the second date to say anything.

"I really like you, Tae," he whispered in the dark room, the only light coming from the street lamps outside. "You are so beautiful, so kind, so caring, and I really like you," he said, bringing his hand to the other's face and softly brushing his cheek.

"I really like you too," Taehyung replied, trying to keep his tears back. He didn't expect the younger to go so soft on him tonight. But he wasn't complaining.

"Can I ask you something?" Jeongguk said, slightly moving the topic elsewhere.

"Of course," Taehyung whispered.

"How are you doing? Mentally," he clarified. Even though the older seemed to be doing better, there were still some areas of dullness that Jeongguk noticed. For example: Taehyung now would never come off as the type to send explicit meme photos to strangers, where as Taehyung a few months back did. He seems to have lost a bit of his outgoing crackheadedness. Not that Jeongguk minds, but he just wants to make sure he's happy.

"I'm...doing better," he replied. "I know this is almost over and my dad hasn't contacted me in a while so I've been pretty steady. I almost had an 'episode' -or whatever you'd like to call it- when you were gone, but I texted Hobi right away and he came over and helped. And talking to my brother also really helped. He's happy. He really is. And as long as he's happy, I think I can be too."

Jeongguk pecked him softly on the cheek. "I'm glad," he smiled.

"Me too," he smiled back.

Both boys continued to talk for a while. About their future date, meeting up with Tae's dad, and of course, Jeongguk just gushing over the older and how cute he was.

And as the clock dawned on 2 a.m. , Taehyung gave the younger a kiss goodnight before wrapping his limbs around his future boyfriend, hugging him like a koala -or if you asked Jeongguk, hugging him like a boa constrictor- both going to sleep happy.

———

I planned it out and there are four more chapters left unless I decide to add fillers.

When do y'all want me to drop the next book idea? I have to see if it's actually smth people will read before I get too far into it😂