Chapter 12: Raishin's Backstory Part I

[Raishin]

I was slowly falling to the ground and for the first time in my life, I felt peace in my stabbed heart. I knew that I was going to die and I didn't feel sad about it. I have killed so many that I have lost count. This was the price to pay...

My crimes must be paid for. The people I have killed have not rested in peace yet. The universe as I knew has never been so open and beautiful. Why I have not seen this my entire life, I do not know. It was never clearer than now more than ever before.

Death is certainly inevitable, one cannot escape death. Every soul shall taste death, no matter what circumstances. I have live for nearly 320 years, believing that I was immortal. Here I am, gazing at my death. I was the bringer of death, now death was brought unto me.

Hachiro lost his mother, yet he has a very clean heart. Maybe his conscious is different to that of his heart. He didn't use power to defeat me, he used his will to take me down. Even if Yugiro arrived at the scene, he would have still defeat me in all ways possible.

310 years ago...

I was walking in the city while looking for someone to help me towards the main market. I was happy as a beautiful summer day. I continued walking when I saw a store that sells fruits. I entered the store when I saw a couple of kids walking around the store, looking for something they couldn't find.

When I approached them, I saw having a group talk. As soon as they saw me, they broke and one of them was smiling at me. That's when he asked me to pick up an apple and head to the counter.

I picked up the apple, started heading to heading to the counter when I realized that I didn't have any cash on me. So I placed it back and headed to the door. That's when I heard the clerk threatening the same kids.

The one kid pointed at me when he pointed at me and shouted, "He stole it, he stole it!" I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this. The clerk threw me out the store, cursing me in front of a large crowd.

I tried to persuade him and the crowd that I was no thief, but no body seem to have listened to what I was saying. People started to distance myself after my pleaded persuasion. I didn't know what to do as my eyes started tearing.

From that day, no one ever trusted me ever since. I have lost trust in them as well. When I saw the very same kids being scolded for stealing again, I ignored their calling. After all, I was in this place because of them.

All of this would however change in a matter of years

305 years ago

I was enjoying fishing with my father when we were both a fleet flying above us and when they reached the town center, they released an army.

They started mercilessly kill everyone in the path including women and children. My father picked me up and rushed to the house. He was worried about Mom and what has happened to her...

When we arrived at the house, my father noticed that the door was meant that there was forced entry. He headed for the kitchen while I rushed to my room.

I opened the door and hid under the bed, hoping nothing bad has happened. I started crying when I heard a sword pierce through skin. That's when temperatures started rising in my bed room.When I opened the door, the building was on fire. I got out of the window without getting burnt.

When the flames burnt out, I tried to look for my parents. My entire house was in disfigure. The burnt wooden door smell made me cough violently. I got my hands dirty to search for them in the rubble.

I started panicking, thinking that they were dead. That's when I saw a hand sticking out from the rubble. It was wrinklish and big, that's when I knew that it was my father's hand.

While digging at the area that I have spotted, I could see my dad's face covered in shades of black ash. When I digged further and deeper, I found my mom's body.

Tears started dropping from eyes like it was a streaming waterfall. All I could see was that my life was completely over before I could start over. My parents, lied in front of me, innocent and lifeless.

The town I lived, in flames. The people of this town, all dead and unaccounted for. Who would be so heartless as to kill this many innocent, this many women and children.

I was the only survivor in my town. The only one standing. In my heart, I wanted to resist the urges of avenging my parents. All of a sudden, a deep brewed rage filling my soul and wanted the people that did this... dead.

That's when a thought came to me. I headed for my favorite spot at the lake, it was a an old tree. I went to dig out what I had buried six years ago in front of this tree. The same jagged blade I found as a child.

I looked at the blade, looking at the reflection it gave me. I was preparing for a journey that is life threatning, but it didn't matter to me. I was ready to die, but I will feed my rage, my hunger and my desire for revenge.

[Narrator's P.O.V]

From there, the heartless destroyer was created from something he lost. He focuses on his next path, a path of revenge for the innocent lives of his parents and the women and children of his town.

The question in his mind, will he get the job done or not?

To be continued...