Chapter 13: Raishin Backstory Part II

[Raishin P.O.V]

I looked at the blade, looking at the reflection it gave me. I was preparing for a journey that is life threatning, but it didn't matter to me. I was ready to die, but I will feed my rage, my hunger and my desire for revenge.

299 years ago...

I lived, killing and taking others lives. I was young, but merciless. I would destroy civilians and their leaders all for the fun of it. It made me who I am today.

That's when I found out about the man responsible for the death of my parents. And he lived in a enormous palace, some called it the Imperial Palace. Its size was that of an entire mountain range.

I proceeded to the palace, through the town's busy market square and I didn't bother to point my attention at anything that they we're selling. That's when many of them started staring at me.

It didn't bother me that they were staring at all, what bothered me was  one of the guards that was following after me. Maybe that's the reason why they were staring at me. He gripped his hand on my left shoulder.

"Turn around, criminal!" I was irritated by what he said and with one swipe from my blade, I cut his head off. I look at the distance between me and the palace and it looked larger than before. My guess was that I was only metres away. It's the size that was fooling me at first.

I was about 200 metres away from the palace gates when about 8 guards circled me, pointing the crossbows at me. I just managed to give a grin before cutting them down.

One approached me from the right, I stab him in the waist. Another appears, I dodge his arrow and cut him on his chest. I was left standing all to myself, facing the gates. I opened them widely and walked in.

I soon reached the door and did the same thing by opening it widely. I walked not paying any attention at the maids and butlers that were busy with their own things. That's when a guard pointed his crossbow at me.

I began laughing at the fact that his  best weapon is a crossbow. I cut his crossbow in half and slowly started walking towards him. He was shivering in fear and was waving his hands at me.

"Please don't kill me, please... I have a family depending on me..." He was begging for his dear life when I asked him a simple question...

"Where's your boss? If you tell me, I will let you live. If not, your children will be eating your own flesh." He quickly got up and started running upstairs. I however just ascended the stairs slowly.

My attention was driven away by the paintings on the wall. Some of them made no sense, while the were others extremely beautiful and elegant. When I reached the top I saw that very same guard reached a door, opening it and he entered without hesitation.

I approached the same door and saw a number of guards and what seems to be their boss being fanned by 2 women. It appeared that he was smoking and didn't even bother looking at me.

"Balthazar Ceazer... I have come to kill you and your entire empire." I say as I take out my blade and point it at him while he casually smirked at me.

I was pissed by his reaction, he signalled his guards to attack but they were far too easy for me. He went on to send more of his army and I killed each one of them. He didn't show one bit of fear.

I was standing right in front of him and I held my blade up his neck. He never showed one bit of fear, signalling the women to leave. Then he started speaking...

"You must be Raishin Tanahashi, Slayer of lives and the one they call 'The Destroyer'. So what brings you here?" I began smiling and realized that I was going to cut him in millions of pieces.

"You took my parents away, I would love to be paid in blood." He looked at me but this time with fear. He was trying his best to keep calm.

I raised my blade high, aiming to cut him through when something struck him and was bleeding from his mouth. I looked back to see that a man who was pointing his like a gun was there.

"I guess that means you're going to be serious now." That same man came towards the 2 with hands in his pockets. Balthazar's eyes widened when he realized who this man was.

"You're the symbol of death! Th-e m-an who de-ath can't beat... You're death itself. You're Yugiro Kishimura!" The man was holding his wounded area while coughing and spatting blood.

"No need for the introduction, besides today is not the day to be talking about me. (points at Raishin) Today is his day to his day of the week." Yugiro looked at Balthazar who was in agony of the pain he was experiencing.

"You should stay out of this!" I scolded Yugiro for trying to ruin the situation. I then proceeded to stab Balthazar in his heart, slowly pushing in his heart so that maximum pain is felt.

Balthazar dropped to the ground with a pool of blood. He tried his best to say something but died before he even got the chance to. I put my blade on my  shoulder as a sign of satisfaction.

Yugiro then proceeded to sit on what was once Balthazar's throne. I was about leave when Yugiro started to say something to him.

"I have an offer you can't refuse. I want you to join my team that will take control of this entire realm. Not only that, you can destroy anything or anyone as well as free accommodation in this very palace."

It was an offer I needed, because I needed a place to crash but joining his team is not as bad if everybody is afraid of him.

To be continued...