Chapter 1

Third Year of Junior High:

"Kanoka-san!" I shouted as I tossed the ball to my teammate. He just looked at the ball in an unenthusiastic manner and spiked the ball.

It was a pretty good hit but I knew that he could hit it better.

"Uh, Akaashi. You don't have to go all out every time we practice." Kanoka laughed nervously as he put a hand on his nape.

"But Kanoka-san, the reason why were practicing is to get better." I stated bluntly.

"That's..." he just avoided eye contact while fiddling with his fingers.

"Akaashi! It's time to clean up!" one of my teammates called. I nodded and bowed slightly to Kanoka as I made my way to the equipment room.

We gathered all of the balls and equipment we used and put it back to the storage. As I was moping the gym's wooden floors, a teacher came to see me.

"Akaashi! Go to my office before you go home."

We finished cleaning and I even changed clothes. I went to the faculty as directed. My teacher was sitting on the couch, waiting for me.

"Akaashi, have a seat." 

I did what he said and he was smiling at me. "Where do you plan to go to high school?"

"My only choice is Suzumeoka High School, sir." I told the old teacher.

"Well boy, you are lucky. You just received a recommendation from Fukurodani Academy. They saw how well you performed in your precious games." he said.

"As far as I know, they needed a setter for next year." my teacher added. 

"I'll think about it." I said my answer as I bowed a little. I stood up and bowed again as I headed out of the faculty. "Excuse me."

Radiance | Keiji Akaashi (Haikyuu!! Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara