Chapter 6

"Bokuto-san!" I shouted his name as I set the ball towards him

"Bokuto-san!" I shouted his name as I set the ball towards him. He jumped very high as he spiked the ball with all of his might. 

But unfortunately two of the opponents matched Bokuto's jump and successfully blocked his cross shot.

The ball was now falling on our court. Komi ran and dug for it, but he didn't received it in time for the ball hit our court instead of his arms first. 

The current score of the match was now twenty-four to eighteen, in favor of Kawahori, our current opponent. It was their set point.

Everyone had already lost their spirits, but the one most affected was Bokuto. Our coach called for a time-out and let us strategize. Everyone just looked down while sipping on their energy bottles.

"Everyone, I'm sorry." Bokuto suddenly started to apologize to the team. His hair was now deflated. "They scored a lot because of me. Akaashi, maybe you should set to someone else."

"Bokuto-san," I practically shouted. Everyone was surprised at my sudden raise of voice. "No matter what situation we're in, I'll always set my tosses for you Bokuto-san." 

"Akaashi..." Bokuto looked like he was going to cry.

"That's right, that's right. Cheer up already, Bokuto. We'll support you from behind." Komi said as he slapped Bokuto's back. 

"Now stop being a pain in the ass and spike with all you got!" Konoha shouted as he kicked Bokuto's butt. 

After that pep talk we had, we're now back in the game. It seemed like everybody's spirits went up again and all of us concentrated very hard.

The opponent severed the ball. The ball went to the back row and Komi caught it. "Alright!"

The ball was now heading towards my direction. I tossed it to Bokuto's direction. "Bokuto-san!" It was a good set. Not too high, not too low. It was just right. 

Bokuto jumped and spiked the ball with all he got. Unfortunately, the opponent blocked his cross shot once again.

The whistle blew, then it blew two more times, indicating that the match was over. While the opponents jumped in joy, all of just looked down at the gym's wooden floors and closed our fists as we bit our lower lips hardly.