Chapter 24

Last week, our training camp actually started

Last week, our training camp actually started. It was only for two days and it was held at Nekoma High.

We met various of teams from all around Tokyo, there was even one team that came from Miyagi. We were told that they were invited by Nekoma itself and with that, we already knew that this new team might be big shot.

Bokuto was actually excited on seeing the freak first-year duo who was the main offense of their team. But due to academic reasons, they were left behind because they flanked a test.

"What a waste," I said inside of my mind. "I kind what to see what monster players we might go on against in this training camp."

We were playing against Nekoma at that time. The match was still on going and that was where the monster duo with outrageous plays appeared right before my eyes.

I thought that they didn't look much, the orange-haired boy just looked plain and let's be honest he looked like a child. And the tall raven haired boy looked an average-looking player.

But boy, I was wrong. The raven boy called Kageyama was actually a genius setter who could set incredible sets and keep up with the Karasuno spikers. And the tangerine called Hinata was a ball of fast reflexes and instinct that could literally hit balls where you least expect.

They were indeed a freak duo that could produce incredible plays together. There were Karasuno's best weapon.

"Karasuno's setter is really talented." I said inside of my mind. "In terms of ability, Kageyama is far more better setter than I am."

But I noticed that something seemed off. The two were not in sync at all during training camp which confused a lot of us since we've been told that they were Karasuno's best offense.

We thought that the two were only having a bad day or something, until I noticed that Kageyama and Hinata wasn't even interacting much at all. 

And ever since we held the week-long training camp, no teams have seen Karasuno's freak quick.

Though, they attempted to do it few times at practice matches, but Kageyama's tosses couldn't seem to sync with Hinata's jumps and spikes. 

Everyone would probably thought that the two were done, but I was thinking the opposite.