Chapter 2

First Year of High School:

I finally decided to attend to Fukurodani Academy after seeing their amazing plays in middle school.

Today was the first day of school and I made my way to the school's gym in my gym clothes.

It seemed like I was the only first year to join the volleyball club because the place was full of second and third years.

"I'm Keiji Akaashi from Mori Junior High. I played setter. Pleased to make your acquaintance." I introduced myself as I bowed my head a little.

The wing spiker I once saw in the high school match was staring at me very intently. I didn't know what was his motive but I just decided to brushed him off instead.

We only did volleyball drills as our club activity for today. We stayed until it was dark.

It's been a long time since I stayed at school this late. It felt... amazing. I was a bit happy.

Once the drills were done and everyone started cleaning, a third year approached me as I mopped the gym's wooden floors.

"Hey, uhh, Akashi-kun." the third year walked closer while fiddling his fingers together.

It's Kotaro Bokuto...?

"It's Akaashi." I corrected him. Bokuto tilted his head slightly to the side.

"Could you please help me with practicing my spikes just for a little bit...?"

He made a gesture using his index finger and thumb indicating that we'll only practice a little.

A third year with silky macha green hair flinched and looked at my direction. When I made eye contact with him, he just immediately looked away and walked away awkwardly. I think his name was Konoha.

"Yeah. Sure." I replied to the grey-haired third year.

Just as I expected, tossing to him was fun. You knew that he was giving his all that makes you also give your all in playing.