Chapter 17

Due to yesterday's events, Katsumi was absent for today because her fever got worse

Due to yesterday's events, Katsumi was absent for today because her fever got worse. Bokuto was really mad at Konoha and Komi and it was actually the first time seeing him acting like so.

But I thought, Bokuto is an older brother so it was really natural for him to behave that way for her little sister. I thought it was really sweet. It must be nice to have a reliable sibling.

Classes finally ended and I told Bokuto I would be skipping practice and visit Katsumi who was resting at their home of course. 

Of course with Bokuto's personality and all, he didn't allow me at first but eventually he let me, in exchange for hundreds of tosses. I mentally facepalmed myself for that honestly.

I stopped by the supermarket before heading home. As I opened the front door, I went straight to the kitchen and began my cooking.

I was chopping some green onions. The only thing that I could hear was the contact of the blade against the wooden chopping board as I chopped. 

I kept on chopping when I felt something heavy on top of my head. I slumped my shoulders for I already knew what it was.

I looked up using my eyes as Fukuro bent down a little to see what in the world I was doing. 

She hooted, and the translation was, "Is that mine?"

"This is obviously not yours." I answered as I looked back to the ingredient I was chopping. She hooted in an annoyed manner, "Rude..."

I just chuckled and shook my head for her to get off. "You're slowing me down. If you want dinner, you could just catch yourself some rat or something." 

She painfully pecked the top of my head as she flew away, as if she didn't do anything wrong. "That's wasn't necessary, Fukuro!" 

I glared angrily at the owl as she just looked like she was smirking at me as she sat on the table. I turned my back at her and continued preparing ingredients.

It took me some time to finish and when I did, I put the food in a lunch box and the soup in some tupperware I didn't know I had then wrapped them inside a blue wrapped cloth.