Chapter 19

My name is Fukuro

My name is Fukuro.

I am an owl, the almighty guardian of this lovely and safe haven. No mere mortal could get pass me, the elevated owl. Only two beings could get inside, and that's me and my master Akaashi. 

But, there was one time where I failed miserably in guarding the house which was completely entrusted to the almighty Fukuro. I have failed my master as well as this nest. I have also failed my ancestors. 

The intruder nonchalantly entered through the wooden plank of our enormous nest which humans call a door. 

And believe me when I say this, I have never met this man in my entire life.

Just as a good guardian would do, I flew to the intruder and began attacking him by pecking the top of his head using my strong and majestic beak.

The intruder tried shooing me away, but I didn't waver. I continued attacking him with all my might as I hooted, "For the kingdom!" 

The intruder brought down a protective layer of skin from his mouth and shouted, "Damn it, Fukuro! It's me!"

And that was where I saw that the said intruder was actually my master Akaashi. 

I never knew humans could disguise themselves with an extra layer of their skin that was colored blue. The layer only covered their mouths which I thought was ridiculous since they're covering the only pathway the food goes in, unless they have another hole to put in food. 

I thought humans were primitive species and obviously I was wrong.

After that incident, I just shrugged my wings at him as I tried to force a smile, terribly wishing he could just easily forget what I did to him. 

He didn't gave me dinner after that.

That was why I pledged that from this day on and forward, when a human enters this household I would hoot with all my might and if that person hooted back, "Shut up, Fukuro" then I'll know that was truly my master Akaashi. 

Today was already five am in the morning. I just came back from patrolling the skies and I noticed that my human hasn't even got his ass up. So I flew to his room to wake him up.