Chapter 22

Plop, plop, plop

Plop, plop, plop.

Those were the sounds the rain was making. It was cold and the sky including the clouds were dark in color, hiding the bright sun behind it. Big fat rain drops were falling from the dark fluffy clouds in a fast pace, making it impossible to actually see the drop of water. 

The teacher was discussing up front, talking about science stuff. I don't know, I honestly wasn't listening because my attention was at the window and just plainly staring at the rain outside.

I had my cheek placed on the palm of my hand as I stared intently at the window as I watched the rain fall on the ground. 

I watched the branches of the trees dancing along with the soft blow of cold wind. I watched the dark clouds float up in the skies as they very slowly drifted away. I watched the flying of birds above, their small tiny wings flapping up and down.

It was quiet. Even though my teacher was discussing up in front, it felt like my ears were drowning out the sound of her talking which complete silence was replaced instead.

Even just for a little moment, it felt very peaceful. It felt like I was somewhere quiet, nobody was there and bothering me. 

It was just me there, just looking at the horizon as rain drops made plopping sounds on the ground, the chilly wind making my warm skin shiver, and the earthly smell would fill my nostrils.

It felt nice and relaxing. For a moment, I forgot all of my troubles. I wished I could stay like this forever, until the last bell rang. 

The loud ringing of the school bell took me out of my daydreaming and I was now back in reality.

I blinked stupidly at my surroundings as I tried to process where I was and what was I doing. The instant that I realized that I was still in school, all of the troubles and emotions that I wanted to disappear immediately came back inside of the chest, hurting me deeply.

As all of my classmates were keeping their things inside of my bag, I was just staring at them doing so. I was dazed, and maybe slightly confused. Well that's because the goddamn bell suddenly rang and it dragged me back to the reality I was avoiding.