Chapter 12

Second Year of High School:

Katsumi and I went to the gym where the volleyball club was held. Even though Katsumi was still in the girls' volleyball club, she would always go straight to our gym and not theirs. When I asked her about this, this was her response.

"Well that's because everyone in our club is stingy! I honestly don't like them! It's way better with you guys!" she explained with a pout on her face then suddenly smiling and flailing her arms around as she said the last sentence quite cheerfully.

I looked at her dead in the eyes, "If you hate them so much, then why don't you switch clubs then?"

She turned her head to me with amazing speed, "Eh?! That's allowed?!"

"Of course it's allowed. It's not like we're being held as prisoners during club." I explained. Her eyes were now sparkling and she hit her fist on her palm. "Yosh! I'll fix that tomorrow. If they ever went back crying to me, I swear I'll kick their sorry ugly asses!"

"She talks like Bokuto-san." I thought as I opened the gym doors. Everybody on the team was there, even our managers.

Bokuto's face lit up as he saw me. He ran towards me and put an arm on my shoulder, nearly squishing my thin neck. "Akaashi! God, how much I missed you!"

"Bokuto-san, we went to the hot springs together just last week."

"Oh, c'mon! A week is long for me. Didn't yah miss me?"

"Not even a little bit."

"Akaashi! You're supposed to say 'I missed you too, Bokuto-san'!"

"We're not in some kind of movie, Bokuto-san. I don't need scripts, especially when they came from you."

Bokuto started to ruffle my hair roughly. "Aw, c'mon! Warm up to me a lil' bit, will yah?! You've been cold for years!"

Konoha cleared his throat and that stopped Bokuto's hand ruining my hair. "We have something to discuss, right Captain?"

When that last word rolled out Konoha's tongue, I swear I saw flames inside Bokuto's eyes as he let me go and put his hands on his hips as he began laughing for no particular reason.