5. First Day Struggles

-Your POV-

It's been two weeks since the last time I was in Harrison's apartment, the night he explained how he ever so 'courageously' saved my life. I've been trying to avoid him as much as possible. If I'd see him, I'd always walk the other way, or sometimes I even take the stairs to head up instead of the elevator.

I've also hung out with Cole a few more times this past week. We went out to the cafe, walked at the park and sometimes had smokes down by the lake. It's nice finally knowing someone around here, at least I have someone who talks to me.

+++

Tonight was a different type of 'sleepless night', since it wasn't because I couldn't fall asleep. It was because my brain was running over itself over and over again. This was because I was about to go to hell- I mean school tomorrow.

One of the things that made me hesitate moving here was starting senior year at a new school. Not because it was a new school, new environment and new people, no. I just hated school. I hated how I felt the need to impress people, how teachers would give us so much work and ask us why we were stressed. I just hated it so much.

But tomorrow, I could start off fresh, I hope.

+++

I wake up, forgetting that I fell asleep, and dreadfully got ready for school. I had a small breakfast since I was afraid if I ate too much, it would eventually come out my mouth sometime today. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair, feeling like time was flying at this point.

I changed out of my pajamas into some dark blue jeans, a black graphic t-shirt, threw on a jacket and put on some black combat boots.

I grabbed my backpack that I stuffed notebooks, pencils and different coloured pens in last night and walked out the door.

Here goes nothing.

+++

I got to the bus stop 5 minutes early and sat down waiting. I could have walked to school, as it was roughly 25 minutes away but I couldn't risk being late on the first day. It wasn't long until I was sitting inside the bus looking out the window.

A little while later, I got off and walked 5 minutes to see a large building with a metal engraved sign at the front gate that said 'Ridgeview High School' on it. I proceeded to walk through the sea of students and made my way to the front courtyard where I got my schedule and was asked if I needed help finding my class. At that moment I said no, but now I'm regretting that decision.

I was able to find where my classroom was, thanks to this guy I bumped into. Before I walked towards the door, I stopped as I heard a bang coming from the rooftop.

I found the stairs to the roof which was by the stairwell near the classroom.

Things are about to get interesting

+++

This was a short filler chapter, but things are gunna start picking up in the next few chapters