6. Surprise Reunions

-Your POV-

As I was walking up the stairs, I found where my class was. As I was about to walk down the hall to enter the class, I heard a loud bang coming from above me, which seemed to be the rooftop.

As I walked up the stairs, I was greeted by a large metal double door. I pushed it and was met with the sunlight hitting my face. I walked a bit forward and was able to see part of the campus.

There was a large football field, with a running track around it. You could see the gym building, tennis court, and multiple other buildings.

I walked around the small structure I entered from and heard people talking. Without thinking, I followed the voices and saw four guys standing a few meters opposite me. I noticed how one of them was kneeling on the ground as the three others were surrounding him.

I started walking a bit forward as one of them noticed my presence.

"I heard it's three strikes and you're out." I say as I remembered hearing some teachers in the hall talk about this new 'three strikes' for bullying.

"Who do we have here?" One of them looked at me, he had dark, messy brown hair and freckles, then started walking forwards.

"Y/N?" I looked over at one of the other guys behind him when he said my name, I wasn't surprised but his friends were.

"Harrison."

"You sure have a thing for rooftops, don't you." I rolled my eyes

"Do you know her?"

"No, he doesn't. Now if you'll excuse me." I say turning around

"Oh, you can't leave yet. You just got here. Besides, we were just getting started here." The brown haired boy came over to me and pulled me by my wrist, dragging me to where they were standing.

"Look, you have an audience today. Isn't that exciting, on the first day Tom?" When he said that name, a name I haven't heard in years, my heart started to beat intensely.

'This isn't him Y/N. There's so many people named Tom, this is just someone with the same name. Right?'

-3rd POV-

Up at the rooftop, three boys had dragged one up. It was only the first day, not even the first hour of being on campus and this boy was already in a bad situation.

He was pushed to the ground and could only look up to meet the boys causing him all this trouble.

"Listen here Tom, it's our last year here, meaning it's our last year of hanging out with you."

Hanging out.

The words were only used as a cover up to beat him up. To be stepped on as a doormat by these three jerks. He was their scapegoat whenever they needed to get out of something. Sure, he could tell someone about this, but they had the upper hand in the situation.

"Listen Dylan, I'm just trying to get through the year quietly with no harm, so could you knock it off already?" Tom said as he got up pushing Dylan down. To his dismay, the other two boys held him back and threw him back down.

After what felt like an eternity of bickering and throwing punches at each other, they felt a new presence in the air. Tom looked behind him to see a familiar figure standing at the other side of the roof.

'It can't be' He thought. 'Please not here, not now, it's not'

He knew it wasn't the person he was thinking of. Besides, he moved so far away that there was no chance he would see her again. At least was what he hoped.

His heart was racing in his chest, but for what? Why was he suddenly nervous? There wasn't a confirmation that this was her

"Y/N?" He slightly looked up at Harrison when he had said her name out loud. This was his confirmation. But even though he was excited to see her, he couldn't do it just yet. He slightly turned, his back facing the girl.

"You sure have a thing for rooftops, don't you." How would he know that.

'How does he know her?'

There was a slight hint of jealousy that Tom was feeling, but he shook it off. There was no chance of those two being close.

"Harrison" He heard her say. His heart started to ache at the sound of her soft voice. The one he missed hearing everyday.

All Tom wanted was for her to leave the roof, he didn't want her to see him like this. After hearing her say she was going to leave, he felt a bit relieved.

But fear started to creep up when he heard Dylan bring her over to where they all were at.

"Look, you have an audience today. Isn't that exciting, on the first day Tom?" He felt his heart drop when he looked up to her bleak, dark eyes. The ones that were once filled with sparkles and hope, now gone.

"Tom Holland" It hurt him to hear her say his name.

"It's been a while, hasn't it"