7. New 'Friends'

-Your POV-

When I finally looked down at him, my heart sank to my stomach. I felt furious, sad, relieved, and so many more feelings I couldn't even explain. I wanted to hurt him, and these jerks up here too.

"You know him?" I look up to see Harrison with a questioning expression written on his face.

Do I know this kid? He looks so different than he did before. Pathetic, weak, pitiful. This wasn't him before.

"I don't know, you tell me"

"Don't play smart with us." Another boy spokeup. He was sitting on the side observing everything. He was a bit taller, and had dirty blonde hair, with a hint of dark brown.

"You don't want to start something you can't finish." He adds

"And what exactly is it I can't start, nor finish." I tilted my head to the side and I heard him scoff.

"What's your name." The brown-haired one asked me

"You heard him say it already, didn't you."

"So she's smart." He adds

"Well I wouldn't call myself dumb."

"Right, well I'm Dylan, you already know Haz here, and that's Ross." He explains

"And here we have our dear friend Tom. Look up and say 'hi' Tom. It seems like you two have already met." Harrison says pushing Tom down and making him look up at me.

When our eyes meet, I notice the tears welling up in his eyes. I see the beads of sweat on his forehead causing some strands of hair to stick to it. So many questions crammed in my head. Mostly the why's and when's but I decided to keep it all to myself at the moment.

"You new here?" I see Ross make his way in front of me.

"Transferred"

"Oooh, a transfer student. You know, they only ever get students to transfer if they do something really bad." Dylan said as the boys exchanged a series of knowing glances and smirks between each other.

I looked down at Tom noticing his glance had fallen to the ground in front of him.

"Care to tell us what you did." Harrison asked

"No, not really. I did a lot of things at my old school. I'm just not sure which one caused me to transfer...here."

"Listen, you're giving us a lot of attitude, and I don't like it-" I cut Dylan off

"Sorry, I didn't know you were so... sensitive." I hear a small laugh escape from Ross and Harrison.

"Just because you're new here, doesn't mean I'm going to be nice to you." He warned

"Just because I'm new doesn't mean I'm going to be nice to you either." And with that he grabs me by the wrist pulling me closer to him.

"Are you trying to intimidate me, because you're doing a very, very, bad job Dylan."

"Dude relax, just let it go. She's right, there's a three strike policy this year, and after you'll get transferred. At Least, that's what the councillors said." I looked over at Ross who was trying to pull Dylan away from me. He wasn't doing a good job at it.

Meanwhile Harrison stood next to Tom, making sure he couldn't do anything to help me. As if he would though.

"Back off Ross. We gotta teach the new girl a lesson. Let her know her place here at this school." He said shaking him off

"I'd like to see you try" I say