13. I Dare You

-Second POV-

As you woke up, a small rush of pride and assurance ran through your veins. You still couldn't believe what happened yesterday. Recalling the events, you were proud of yourself for finding a job, it was a happy moment for you.

That soon faded as you thought to text your brother about it, but you chose not too. You wanted to make sure this job would stick. You didn't want to blow this opportunity. Besides, with your school record and academic career, finding a job was harder than you thought.

You weren't just happy for yourself, but you had a very small sense of happiness for Ross as well. Afterall, you wouldn't have gotten the job if it wasn't for him pestering you to do so.

Today, you decided to go out for a walk around the neighbourhood before heading to school. It was a nice day out, and you were in somewhat a good mood. You got ready, got dressed, grabbed your stuff and ventured out.

+++

The crisp autumn weather was starting to spread more, as leaves were falling all over, and scattered over the streets. You were able to see your breath in the cool air, leaving your cheeks a rosy tint.

Shoving your hands into your coat pockets, you headed to the coffee shop you went to with Cole. You quickly made it to the cross walk, and joined the main people making their way through the streets.

Walking inside, you were hit with the familiar smell of coffee and freshly baked goods.

There were slightly more people around today, than the last time you were here but you certainly didn't mind waiting.

Looking around, tables were full, people were rushing around, but it was certainly a pleasant sight. Everyone seemed happy. They were enjoying their time, whether they were alone, or with company.

As you waited in line, you pulled out your phone and were greeted by a text.

1 New Message from Markie

You opened it to find a picture of him in a small dance studio, with a few other boys who you'd assume were his friends.

'Surprise coming soon' was all he wrote underneath. Before you could reply, it was your turn to order. You had quickly placed your order for a caramel mocha and strawberry cheesecake. Okay yes, cheesecake may have not been the best to order for breakfast at 8:24 in the morning, but it felt like a good day to treat yourself.

You quickly got your food, and sat down in front of a window near the corner. It was a quieter place, and you enjoyed watching the busy streets in front of you. You went onto your phone and replied to Mark's text.

'oooh, who are they? you gotta tell me soon! x'

You silently ate the cheesecake and drank your coffee, as you scrolled through your phone. It was peaceful until someone came up to you.

"Hey Y/N"

+++

Your POV

"Hey Y/N" I heard someone say beside me, as they took the empty seat to my right.

"Hi Timothee." I said putting my phone down, looking at the boy.

"I saw you on my way out. Thought I'd stop by and say hi."

"That's nice of you to do, but you didn't have to. I'm going to see you at school anyways." I told him.

"No, it's fine. Speaking of school, you wanna walk there...um.. together?" He asked. It was a sweet gesture, and I'm sure it meant nothing so I wasn't going to turn him down.

"Sure." With that, we left the cafe and headed towards the school.

Making our way there, we noticed more people standing around outside the gates, which were closed.

"What's going on?" I asked the boy beside me, trying to see what was going on.

"Looks like one of the school's biggest investors is here."

"Investors?" I turned to look at him

"Yup, the prosperous father of the one and only, Dylan O'Brien." I turned around to see Cole standing next to me on my left.

"His dad helped with a bunch of funding for the school. Helps with the art, music and science departments." Timothee deemed.

"Sports teams too." Cole added.

"Why aren't they letting people in?" I asked, confused as to why we were still waiting out of the gates.

"They don't want us in there because we'd 'ruin' his little visit." Cole answered.

"There were a lot of fights and bullying acts last year during one of his visits. He threatened to stop all sorts of finance he gives to the school if the money goes to kids who just waste it." Timothee said walking closer to the gates.

"And look who's standing with them. The royal highness himself." Cole mentioned as we saw Dylan walking out with the principal and his father. They bid a farewell to his father, as he got into his car and the gates opened to let him out.

Students proceeded to flood the gates to get inside. As the three of us made our way in, I felt someone staring at me. I didn't see anyone that was looking my way, but I noticed a familiar head of brown curly hair walking past us.

We walked into the school. It was surprisingly more clean than usual. The floor looked shinier, the classrooms neater, and I could have sworn the bathrooms looked more sanitary too.

As we were walking towards the stairs, I saw Harrison and Ross looking at me from down the hallway.

"You guys go on ahead, I'll catch up with you in a bit." I tell Timothee and Cole before walking away. I walked towards the end of the hallway finding myself entering a dark empty classroom.

"So, did the little priss follow the teachers orders or did she finally rebel." I hear the obnoxious voice say as the lights turn on, and I turn around.

There I saw the three amigos standing at the door.

"Well, if you must know, I did." I tell Dylan, not specifically answering his question.

"What, you actually did the punishment." He asked, stunned, as he went to sit on one of the desks.

"It wasn't the easiest, but I got one. I mean, I was in need of a job anyways, so just killing two birds with one stone." I said staring down at him.

"I mean, not everyone has daddy's money to spend, if you know what I mean." I said taunting him as I stood in front of him. I turned around to face Harrison and Ross, who were trying to suppress their laughter.

"Now, if you so choose to continue with these little games of yours," I paused taking a step back from him.

"Well, let's just say I've been through a lot. I know all your little tricks. I'll give you hell if you don't stop."