11. A Small Encounter

-Your POV-

"What are you doing Harrison?"

"I can't just give you a hug" I shrugged him off and turned around.

"No, cuz we don't know each other" I say, pushing the chair under the desk, and flinging my bag over my shoulder.

By now, a few of the other students were looking at us.

"Come on, let's go home"

"What ar-" I was interrupted by Harrison grabbing my wrist and dragging me to the door.

"Say, you sure as hell put on a good mask today didn't you." We stopped and turned around to see Dylan walking up to us.

"Don't try and save her Harrison. She's dug her own grave the moment she stepped on the roof'

"I'm not trying to save her" Harrison fires back

"Okay, whatever you say," He says putting his arms up in defense.

"Listen, it's simple. You stop with us, we stop with you. Unfortunately you've already started, so there's no going back now."

"Yeah, and that's fine by me." You take a step towards him. Harrison moved from your side to stand behind Dylan and beside Ross.

"You think it's fine, but you just threw yourself into the same hole as Tom."

"I don't stoop low to that jerks level." You sneered

"Even you three are past his level, that hell can't even account for you." They stared at me. Harrison and Ross were hesitant to speak.

"You know, I came here to reason with you a-"

"That must've hurt your pride a lot didn't it" You interrupted him

"That's it" He brings his fist back, and swings at you. Someone steps in front of me before his fist landed on my face

"Look who came to the saviour's rescue." He looks at Tom

"Leave her alone. Go bother someone else." Dylan went in for another punch but was stopped

"Let's go, they aren't worth our time." Ross managed to get through to him and the three left.

I left as well, and Tom did too. We all went our separate ways and I didn't see anyone after, but I felt someone following behind me.

( PARKING LOT )

"What do you want?" I say finally turning around to face Harrison.

"Honestly, I just want to go home. But I have to ask you something"

"No thanks, I'll pass." I say walking past him

"Come on, you didn't even hear what I was going to say"

"I don't want to. It's gunna be stupid anyways."

"Y/N please"

"What is it?" I give in, slowly regretting what I might get myself into.

"Do you know Tom Holland?" My head started feeling fuzzy at the thought.

"Not really no." I try to convince him

"Really, because it seemed like it this morning." He pressures

"Like I said, no. He seems familiar, I've probably seen him around campus before up on the rooftop." I knew he would see right through me when the words left my mouth

"Seems like he knew you well. When you and Dylan fought, it seemed like he tried, no, wanted to help you."

"Oh, I didn't notice that." I say starting to turn a bit, taking a step forward. He followed suit.

"You knew his name. Even before we introduced you."

"Saw him at the courtyard desks where we get our schedules." We were now subconsciously making our way home. I hoped he forgot the other things I said and did because I don't know how long I could keep this up for.

"That's not likely." I looked up at him

"He got his schedule the same time as Ross, Dylan and I"

Shit

"When... I didn't see you guys in the courtyard"

"Y/N" He stopped walking, then I stopped in front of him.

"The four of us got our schedules at the end of last year" I was at a loss of words. How am I supposed to get myself out of this one.

'Come on Y/N think of something. Anything.'

"Oh." Was all that left my mouth

"Why do you care if I know him or not. That isn't any of your business" I turned and started walking. We stopped at an intersection.

"I don't, but I also don't trust him. Be careful around him. You have no clue what he does around here."

"And you do?"

"I thought I did at least" I was unsure of what he meant by that

'Does he know him, personally? Well they probably have some type of past. Right?'

Before I could ask any questions he turns the other way and walks the opposite direction of the apartments.

"I have somewhere to be, but you should head home" was all he managed to say before disappearing into the busy crowd of people making their ways through the street

+++

As I approach the building entrance, I recognize someone sitting on the bench by the large glass double doors.

Without thinking much of it, I walked past him continuing to make my way inside.

"Didn't think you would actually show up" the voice says as I nonchalantly walk past

"What do you want?"