8. Rule and Regulations

-3rd POV-

( Earlier in the classroom )

A boy enters the classroom full of chatting students, and gets greeted as he walks over to a seat by a familiar face

"Coles in our class this year!" He hears one of his past classmates say as he pulls the chair out from under the desk.

"Hey Timmy." He says, elbowing the smartest boy in school.

"Come on Cole, I'm to do work here."

"The class hasn't even started yet, how do you have work to do?"

"It's review, I need to get ready. It's senior year afterall." He says twirling the pencil in between his fingers.

"Yeah, senior year. Our final year in this place. It's about time." As he finishes his statement, he hears murmurs of agreement from around the class.

The door opens, and a boy quietly steps in and makes his way to a desk in the back of the room. As he sits down, he puts his arms on his desk and rests his head on top. He closes his eyes for a moment, trying to recollect himself.

A few moments later, the door slams open. Silence filled the room. In came a tall man that no one had seen around before. Everyone assumed he was new to the school.

"Timothee Chalamet" The boy looked up at the sound of his name.

"Y-y-yes?"

"Are you here?"

"Y-y-yes"

"Then say 'present' when I take attendance"

"Present" The boy's voice wavered.

"Tom Holland."

"Present" The boy sleeping in the back said without raising his head.

"Doesn't seem like you are mentally. Stand up." The teacher says as he walks towards him.

"There will be no sleeping in my class. Do you understand me?" He says firmly

"Cole Sprouse"

"Present" With that, the teacher continued to call the rest of the names on his list.

"Dylan O'brien?" Silence was all that filled the air

"What a shame. Ross Lynch?" Nothing was said.

"Let me guess, Y/N and Harrison aren't present either?" The class was silent.

"That's fine with me. I'm your homeroom teacher for the year. Sadly, I'm also stuck with you all for english and math as well. Yes Timothee?"

"Will they be counted as late as they show up?"

"No, there will be no lates for my class." The class all let out a small sigh of relief

"But, there will be far worse punishments for this. As you all know, you are seniors now, so you have to start acting like it. I will be responsible for preparing you to live in the real world." He started to explain to the class

"Many of you are part of the middle and upper class. A few of you are even living in this bubble your parents have created for you. Free of harm." The class was attentive, he did have a point. Many of them didn't have to worry about anything since their parents took care of everything for them.

Though, there were a few people in the class who had never experienced this 'life in a bubble' feeling. They were the ones who had to fend for themselves all the time.

"My job as your homeroom teacher is to expose you all to the real world." He concluded.

As if on queue, the back door of the classroom opened, and in came three boys with their bags flung over one shoulder. They proceeded to make their way to three desks lined in the back middle of the classroom.

The teacher continued to speak, talking about the curriculum, class expectations, so on so forth.

"There will be no bullying, lying, cheating. No form of drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes. They will be immediately confiscated if seen. No PDA, no punching, kicking, etc." He goes on finishing through a list of rules and regulations.

"And Timothee, congratulations on entering the top 5% of the best students in the country. After this, you may head to the office to pick up a few announcements." He nods his head.

"Since there was a large number of bullying incidents last year, the school board is requiring everyone to sign this, as a pledge that after three warnings, you will be expelled from this school and transfer to a different school." He says placing the large paper on Timothee's desk.

As the teacher finished explaining, the class glanced at the three boys who came late. One sneered and kicked the chair of the person sitting in front of him.

"Oh yes, there will be a mandatory meeting after lunch in the gym to welcome the new students and to talk a bit about this school year. Everyone will go, or face the consequences which are solely detention after school, a petty punishment." The class sunk into their seats.

"If you choose not to attend, I will also be giving you a seperate punishment aside from detention." He closed his book, and proceeded to head for the door.

"And for the three in the back. Good morning, and welcome to your senior year. Don't be late next time or you'll regret it."

"Teacher, you never told us your name." Cole says before the teacher stepped out the door.

"Evans. Chris Evans."