14. Let's Talk

-Narrator POV-

Y/N walked out of the old classroom, leaving the three boys there. As she turned the hallway, she heard them yell after her.

"Y/N! We weren't done talking to you!" She heard. As she was making her way down to the classroom, where she assumed she'd be safe, someone grabbed her wrist pulling her into a small dimly lit closet

An arm wrapped around her waist, pinning her against the person's chest.

"Be quiet if you don't want to get caught." The husky voice said. Y/N did so, and heard multiple footsteps pass the classroom. Minuets passed and they were still in the excruciating hugging position. Wanting to leave already, she pushed him off her and got a full view of his face.

Tom.

"Umm you're welcome." His arm went up, scratching the back of his neck.

"Thanks, but I didn't need your help." She reached for the door. Tom reluctantly moved towards the door as he noticed her action, and reluctantly placed his back on the door preventing her from leaving.

"I uh, think we should, umm... we should talk." He faltered. Y/N looked up at the boy. Her cold eyes met his warm honey ones. Though, he noticed her's had a certain spark in it. Whereas she noticed he looked endearing, but didn't have the same spark it used to.

"Yeah, well you're going to be late. Now's not the time. Or place." She tried to push him away from the door but he wouldn't budge.

"You mean we're going to be late to class." He simply replied watching her flustered state.

"Yeah whatever, let's just go." She tried to get a hold of the door knob. But at the same time, Tom grabbed her wrist again, pulling her close towards him. His other hand wrapping around her waist as her hands subconsciously found their way on his chest.

Their faces were just inches apart. She could feel his hot breath fan her lips, as she watched his eyes move down towards her lips. Unknowingly, her heart started to flutter and she felt, warm inside.

"I.. uh, w-we're going to be late." She trailed off. Her heart was running wild, her stomach filled with butterflies, and yet her mind told her to stop. She watched as his eyes met with hers. Then she couldn't recall why they were still there in the first place.

"You gotta go to class." She breathed, as she managed to push him off and slip out of the closet, leaving the boy behind.

+++

Tom made his way towards the classroom. Walking in, he noticed how full it already was. There was still five minutes before the class started but people had already made their way in. Yet the one person he was waiting to see wasn't there. A few other seats were also empty, but only four caught his attention.

'Where the hell are they.' He thought to himself.

The bell then rang. Students went to their desks and started to quiet down as Mr. Evans walked in making everyone fall silent.

"Alright class, today we will be learning about quadratic equations. But before we start, let's take the attendance."

"I can already see that we're missing the fearsome four." He added looking at the four empty seats.

Just then the door opened, and a smile grazed Tom's lips seeing Y/N walk in. But the smile didn't last long as he noticed the three boys who followed in after her. Taking their seats, Tom's eyes never left Y/N as she walked towards her desk not speaking a word.

The three boys on the other hand, noticed his seemingly discrete action and questioned in their heads.

"Welcome back to class. I hope you've done your punishments as I'll be holding the three of you after class for a little chat." Mr. Evans told them.

Class was slow, and quiet. There wasn't much happening, just Mr. Evans talking the whole class. Some of his questions were answered from time to time, but other than that the class was presumably dead.

"That's it for math, I'll see you all after lunch." Mr. Evans said as everyone made their way out after the bell.

"Hey, you want us to wait for you outside the class? We can head to the cafeteria together after you talk to Evans." Cole asked Y/N as he and Timothee were grabbing their stuff.

"Uh, no it's fine. You guys can go on ahead, I'll catch up later." She answered.

"Okay you three. Have you completed your punishments?" Chris asked them, as Ross and Y/N handed their papers forward.

"Well, I'm actually quite surprised you two completed the punishment. Harrison?" Harrison looked anywhere but the teacher.

"No sir, I didn't."

"Okay well, since you didn't complete it and you came late today I'll be giving you a different punishment. Y/N, Ross since you actually completed the last punishment, I'll exempt you from this one." Chris told them as they let out a breath of relief.

"Harrison, you will have two weeks to complete a small survey I've put together. It has to be with someone you do not know yet, or know well." Harrison had a confused expression.

"How do you know I won't just make up answers?"

"I'm glad you asked. I'll be asking you and the person you complete this with the same questions, but you have to remember each other's answers. That way, I'll know if you really took time to do it." He then gave Harrison his punishment answer

Then the three of them made their way out of the class. Y/N walked away from the two boys not wanting to associate any longer.

The rest of the day went by quite quickly. The classed learned about the holocaust in social studies, had gym class outside doing whatever they so choosed to do.

Throughout the day, Y/N noticed the group of boys she'd met on the rooftop sending glares and grimaces towards Tom.

She'd thought they'd be on a 'no-speaking' term and she was right. The only time she ever saw them talk was once the other day. Other than that she expected little to no interaction between the boys. But little did she know that she'd be changing that.

After school, she'd once again decline the dinner offer from Timothee and Cole. It wasn't that she didn't like them, no. It was the complete opposite. She was quite fond of them, but she wanted some time for herself the rest of the day.

Walking towards the front gates of the school, she finally was free to do what she'd like.

But as she was making her way down the student-filled sidewalk, she felt someone run up to her.

"Okay, now's a good time to talk yeah?" Tom slowed down to walk by her.

"No actually, it's not."

"Come on, what on earth would you possibly be doing after school. It's not like you know anyone from 'round here." He snickered.

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry, what I meant to ask was, what are your plans this evening?"

"Well, I'm going to get some food and probably head home and rela-"

"Perfect, so you have no plans." He grabbed a hold of her hand and interlocked their fingers.

'Her hand still fits perfectly in mine.'