6 || Steaming Arm

THURSDAY, 1:34 PM; INFIRMARY - RECOVERY GIRL'S OFFICE, U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

  Midoriya sat on the edge of the bed, a few bandages wrapped around his elbows and knees. He'd be alright in the end. Silence, an empty infirmary.

  The events that occurred today... Midoriya spiraled thoughts in his head, silently, eyes drawn to the floor.

  The defeat of Nomu. It hadn't been All Might's doing...

THURSDAY, 12:25 PM; INFIRMARY - RECOVERY GIRL'S OFFICE, U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

  He looked down at the youthful boy. He was growing, indeed.

  "I'm proud of you Midoriya, my son."

  "Eh? Why? All Might, you were the one who defeated Nomu in the end."

  "..."

  "Wait, but I thought that you... I thought that you did."

  "..."

THURSDAY, 1:35 PM; INFIRMARY - RECOVERY GIRL'S OFFICE, U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

  Midoriya clenched his teeth in thought. But if it wasn't All Might, then who could have done it?

  Guts splattered; the strength behind it.

  The look of the villain- like that crab villain incident. Guts painting the area; cracked ground. That kind of strength- Y/N was there at that time too. He had bumped into her and-

  Midoriya felt his sweat go cold.

  Could it really be...?

THURSDAY, 11:00 AM; CENTRAL PLAZA - USJ (UNFORESEEN SIMULATION JOINT), U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

  The pro heroes had arrived, orderly, a clean up of the area had begun.

  "Everybody, please return to the entrance. We'll need to make sure that all students are safe and present."

  A great wall of cement, Midoriya stopped his worrying, All Might's other form now curtained. He sighed in relief. Still a secret, there was no way that he would let anybo-

  "Woah, what happened to All Might? It looked like he just deflated."

  Their eyes bulged at her presence. "Y/N? Ah... this, this is-" A beetroot red face, complemented with beads of sweat, Midoriya was on the verge of losing his head, how could he possibly explain-

  "Oh, it's like one of those beach body things right? Like you inflate the chest to make yourself seem bigger. I think I've seen that on TV before." A small harmless smile. The three of them regained hope.

  "I get why doing that might be embarrassing. I'll keep it a secret, don't worry." A warm thumbs up.

  A completely convinced girl.

  The three of them glanced at each other.

  "..."

  "..."

  "..."

  Thank you very much. We really do appreciate that." Cementoss nodded. "Now you two should be heading to the entrance now. We need to ensure all the safety of the students."

THURSDAY, 1:36 PM; INFIRMARY - RECOVERY GIRL'S OFFICE, U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

  Y/N...

  At the time he had missed it. The mysterious steam that hovered out of her arm. A quirkless girl, Y/N. Was she really quirkless?

  Midoriya began to mutter. A spew of half-crumbled words bursting out of his mouth. A steaming arm. The cup incident. A similar warm aura. Unscathed from the storm of sand and dust. A hand around her neck about to decay. No effects? There was no way that she wasn't-

  He jumped to his feet. "There's no way Y/N's-"

  The door slid open.

  Y/N gawked back at Midoriya, staring at him by the doorframe. Burning expectations into his head, Midoriya caught the flame; his face set ablaze. His world was on fire.

  "Are you alright, Midoriya?" She stepped inside, curious eyes settled. His gaze dropped to the floor.

  He had to know. Somebody stronger than All Might. Somebody stronger than the best hero. His ultimate hero. There was no way, but if there could be... then he had to know.

  He rushed towards her. A hand against the wall behind her, his face close, caging her between him and the wall. He had to know.

  "Y/N...! Did you.. did you defea-"

  "Midoriya! What are you doing to Y/N?!"

  A strict kind of guy. Blue haired, a stiff stature. Glasses. Iida Tenya. "That sort of behavior is prohibited on school grounds!"

  Chills. A squirming spine. He bounced off Y/N. Flapping hands of denial. "W-Wait! Wait! Wait! It's... It's not like that! We, I wasn't-!"

  Iida turned to Y/N. "I'll ask Y/N. What was Midoriya doing to you? Did it make you feel uncomfortable in any way?"

  Y/N's face blanked. Deadpanning.

  What was happening? What kind of behavior wasn't allowed? Because he hit the wall? Wall hitting wasn't allowed? What about table hitting then? Chair hitting? Were they too close together? U.A. sure is strict when it comes to contact. Maybe it was to prevent bullying or something. What about hugs then? All she came here for was the hopes of finding an unwanted pen; this was the last place left to search. Now she was stuck.

  She didn't know what to say but without further care, she turned and gestured to Midoriya– a fidgety boy– and spoke.

  "Midoriya is not that type of guy."

  Like what type of guy? She had no clue.

  "I see. I understand now." Crossed arms. "But, nonetheless, Midoriya, Y/N, I have just came around to inform you that school has been cancelled for the rest of the day."

  "Ah, alright then. Thanks for telling us, Iida." Midoriya gave a small, wavering smile.

  "I'll be leaving now then." He turned into his heel, Midoriya hastily tossing his backpack on him before following after. "Uh, ah, haha- well, see you later then, Y/N!"

  Y/N nodded, watching Iida and Midoriya exit. Scratching the back of her head, thinking, thinking. Shrugging. Giving up. She gave the infirmary a quick peek around before leaving, shutting the door behind her.

  Now she knew, she'd have to be careful with the walls around her.