48 || Festival

FRIDAY, 1:27 PM; SCHOOL FESTIVAL – FRONT GATE, U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

  "How's the farm?" Y/N smiled at her mom through the screen; it's been so long since they've seen each other.

"It's doing fine. It's kind of hard lugging the fruits around town to sell though since you're not here to carry all of them, hehe." Her mother giggled, sharing her new-found trouble of pushing a heavy wooden cart of watermelons around town everyday. She then wondered how her dad was even if they just video-chatted the day before. Speaking of her dad, she had something to ask.

"Hey mom,"

"Yeah?"

"Did you ever date anyone named Fumihiro?" The perplexed look resting on Y/N's mother's face displayed that she did not even know of a Fumihiro.

"No, I've only been with your dad."

  "How about an Akina? Do you know of an Akina?"

  "No?" Y/N nodded, then knowing that the All For One guy did have things mixed up.

  "Ah, so it really was a misunderstanding..."

  "What was that?"

  "Nothing." Y/N smiled. "I'll call you again later, mom. Bye!"

  "Bye!" Y/N's mom waved before ending the call.

FRIDAY, 1:29 PM; SCHOOL FESTIVAL – FRONT GATE, U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

  "Okay, you can do this." Jirou mumbled under her breath, fiddling with the hem of her shirt. Hot. Hot. Hot. It was getting hot. Not because of the sun, but because Jirou's eyes were planted on Y/N who was only a couple meters away. She was making the poor girl heat up so much, she didn't know if she would make it to her without fainting.

  "Oh my gosh, Kyouka. All you have to do is offer to buy her a drink as thanks for the encouragement before the performance. It's not that hard, geez. Why are you freaking out so much? Why is this so hard for you? Chill out-"

  "Jirou?" She looked up, not expecting to see the girl who was meters away right in front of her. Oh no, did she hear her mumbling?

  Jirou patted her cheeks in hope to make them stop going red. If only it worked that way.

  "Uh, hey Y/N! I just w-wanted to say thanks for earlier." Her voice progressively got quieter as her sentence went on. Gladly, Y/N was able to hear all of it.

  "Hm? Oh yeah, no problem! I'm not the greatest at dancing, but I'm glad I could help." she smiled, and oh boy, Jirou felt like exploding right then and there.

  "No, I mean... the encouragement you gave me." Jirou looked down to hide her flushed face.

  "Hm? I didn't hear you."

  Jirou inhales deeply, preparing herself to say the words she originally wanted to say. She looks up once more, using the courage she recently stored up to use on Y/N.

  "Thank you for the encouragement before we went on stage. I don't think I would have been able to go up there if it weren't for you. So as a thanks, let me buy you a drink." Jirou gulped, exhaling afterwards, awaiting Y/N's response to which it was...

  "Oh. Thanks."

  'I did it!'

  "G-Great! Let's go find the drink stands then!"

FRIDAY, 1:36 PM; SCHOOL FESTIVAL – CLASS 2-D'S FRESH ORANGE JUICE STALL, U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

Jirou glanced at Y/N enjoying her orange juice from the corner of her eye. A flowery aura was surrounding the girl, causing sparkles to pop up in Jirou's eyes.