Chapter 5

A/n there will be some timeskips in this chapter

-

Hyunjin was in his room now, thinking about certain college boy who lived next to his house. He squealed, tossing and turning his body around on his bed; could not contain an overly excited feeling inside his heart when he remembered what happened earlier that day.

In all honesty, he felt a tad bit disappointment when the older retracted his head as soon as their lips touched lightly. There was actually the urge to chase and connect their lips, but Hyunjin refrained himself to do so.

A sudden knock on his bedroom door impulsively made his body jolted and brought Hyunjin back from his little unholy thoughts.

"Hyunjin? Can I come in?"

"The door isn't locked, Dad!"

There in the doorway, stood his father, still wearing his work attires. He smiled before walking closer to his son's bed and sat next to him.

"Here."

Hyunjin's eyes lit up as he saw a small rectangular box in his father's hand. "Thank you, Dad!" He exclaimed and hugged him afterward.

"No need to. A promise is a promise. Just make sure you use the phone well." His father requested as he gently caressed Hyunjin's back, receiving a small hum.

"So, how are things going with your friends?"

Hyunjin perked up at the question and managed to pull out from the hug before enthusiastically telling his father about Seungmin and Chan, including his new friend, Jeongin.

Meanwhile, his father just smiled longingly and listened carefully to each word that left his son's mouth. He could feel the exhaustion resulted from a long day work left his body solely from witnessing how excited his only child was.

He felt contented.

>~<

Hyunjin hugged Seungmin in a bone-crushed hug as soon as he found out that they were in the same class. Then, moving forward to three months after the school started, Hyunjin has caught countless people's eyes already to the point he was called as a school prince and Seungmin always teased him with the new-found nickname.

Receiving letters from anonymous admirer, getting confession every once in a while, or being invited to a birthday party when he did not even know the person existed in the first place became something usual for the older.

As for Chan, they have became closer than before as well. Hyunjin realized that no matter how many girls have come to confess to him or how he found some seniors were actually attractive, his eyes and heart would unconsciously led him back to Chan.

On the other hand, Chan also felt the same and he was certain that the younger would reciprocate his feeling too. However, he was hesitant to make their relationship official, considering how young and innocent Hyunjin was; there was a possibility that the younger was just confused with his sexual orientation and took everything that was being offered to him without questioning it any further.

Chan felt guilty for leading him on. But how could he not when someone as good-looking as Hyunjin was in front of him and closer than he thought?