Extra #1

A/n republish; nothing major, just changing the month and the year

Tw: car accident, blood

-

January 2018

Jisung was still a high school student, third grade specifically, when the recurring dream began. He told Felix, his boyfriend at that time, about it and the younger reassured him that it was just some sort of coincidence. But frankly speaking, he has experienced the exact same dream for three days in a row by now.

In his dream, he returned to be a child. There was no harm on this one, but almost getting crashed by a car was a different case. As if it was not enough, he was forced to see someone, an older boy, was lying and bleeding because he has saved him.

Every time he tried to move his body to help, or at least to apologize, he could not. Even when he was sure he has screamed his lungs out, nothing came out; even when he has tried to set his body free from whatever restraining him to do so, nothing seemed to work out.

The dream might last for one minute or so. But he kept waking up with the trace of tear remnants and a hard pounding heart.

"Maybe because we watched horror movie last week." His lover reasoned.

Jisung just let out a heavy sigh. To say he experienced such dream because of watching random horror movie where there was no even car accident in it was not convincing at all.

"Or maybe because you feel stressed? You're going to leave next month so maybe that's---"

The freckled boy instantly kissed back, humming within the kiss; feeling satisfied to be cut off by a passionate kiss.

"We've agreed not to bring that up."

"Well... stop talking about it then. I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean anything, Sungie."

"Okay okay. I'm sorry." He chuckled then pulled his lover inside his embrace.

From then on, the older never brought the topic into their conversation again and tried to focus only on relishing the moment he had with Felix before they parted ways and broke their relationship.

Jisung did not experience the same dream again after that; oftentimes he only had a dreamless night instead, which successfully convinced him that he might be experiencing those terrifying dreams because he felt too stressed out.

>~<

March 2018

Jisung has returned to his old school, apparently busy with studying for national examination as well as preparing himself for university. Felix and he had made a promise to meet each other again; the older actually intended to attend one of universities in Sydney. At least, that was his original plan until something came up and changed his mind.

Too engaged in living such exhausting routine, he did not expect the dream would suddenly appear again.

The busy road, the scream, even the wind. He realized he was dreaming, yet it all felt real, too real for his liking. At this point, he has reached the conclusion that whatever happened in the dream actually did occur; whatever the dream was about, it was part of his memory, his past.

Then again, he did not remember any of these scenes ever happened; he knew he never went to Japan, there were no any memories he had about the lovely country. Even if he once went there, he never saw any physical evidences such as photographs that have proven he was there even once. So in the end, he was back to square one; still being puzzled with why the dream kept haunting him.