Chapter 16

A/n republish; major revision

-

The first thing Hyunjin did as soon as he arrived at the dorm was crying. He felt the effort he had done was useless; it was as if he did not even practice at all since the first place.

He could not help but blame himself for not being able to control and manage his nervousness since that was the reason why he could not speak properly.

Truth be told, the lecturer actually did not say something bad about his speaking skill. If anything, Hyunjin was actually being complimented for his on point pronunciation. But, Hyunjin refused to acknowledge such fact since his mind was too clouded with negativity.

After crying for a solid twenty minutes, he fell asleep. He hoped to meet the stranger he has forgotten for a while since he got himself new friends in real life. Sadly, the said boy never visited him again since the last time they met.

>~<

Feeling something cold on his forehead, Hyunjin woke up from his dream. He narrowed his eyes first before fully opening it wide. The lamp has been turned on, meaning it has passed 7 PM.

“Can you get up a little, Hyunjin?” Jisung requested as he sat next to the older. “You need to eat something first so you can take some meds.”

Only then he realized that his body was burning and he felt there was a lump inside his throat.

After getting some help from the younger, he managed to lean on the bed headboard. Jisung slowly fed him with an instant porridge after that.

“Too hot?”

Hyunjin only shook his head weakly to the side at that while smiling at the younger.

“Can I kiss you?” Hyunjin asked so suddenly.

Jisung snorted then laughed warmly. “You usually kiss me without any warning and you suddenly ask for my permission now?”

Hyunjin frowned. “Does that mean you kiss me back because I forced you to?”

“What? Of course not. What made you think that?”

The older just shrugged his shoulder. It seemed like negativity has not left him yet even after he has a good amount of sleep.

Jisung caressed the older’s cheek before pulling him into a slow kiss. He could feel the older's hot breath and lips as they shared the kiss, but he could not care less.

“Jisung?”

“Hm?”

“....I really like you.”

“I like you too. Now let’s finish this so you can take some meds and go back to sleep.” Jisung intentionally ended the discussion as he fed the other with another spoon of porridge, feeling afraid the older would ask him to be more than just a friend if he did not put a stop to it.

And Hyunjin noticed that. He did not think the squirrel like boy was lying about his feeling though, but rather, he mentally facepalmed himself as his confession might come up too rush and out of nowhere.

Going back to Jisung, he felt sad for doing that. But as much as he wanted to make Hyunjin his, there was certain truth the older deserved to know, yet the squirrel like boy still could not bring himself to tell him.

He was scared.

After Hyunjin learned the truth, he would probably reconsider his feeling toward the younger. It was not something light after all; it could absolutely make the older think their encounter as an ill-fated one and might as well hate the younger for that.

Jisung knew he was being selfish for not telling him. He also knew he should not have made a move since the first place. But as odd as it sounded, both of them were like opposite magnet poles; they just naturally pulled each other closer, even in a really short period of time.

The younger also knew how the outcome might turn out, yet he could not hold the desire to treasure Hyunjin. His actions were surely being contradictory with what he believed. But, he just wanted to hold him close as long as he could before fate decided to reveal the truth...

Which might make them need to part ways.

-

A/n they just sat there, did the bare minimum, yet my heart exploded. Gosh, I adore them sm

 Gosh, I adore them sm