Chapter 6

A/n lots of timeskips

-

December 2017

Chan's and Hyunjin's relationship went quite smooth in the past eighteen months. No matter how busy Hyunjin was with school or how exhausted Chan was with his college life and campus organization, they would always try to make time for each other.

They have fought several times in the past which mostly stemmed from what Hyunjin described as Channie's social butterfly charm.

The younger was glad to have such generous and reliable boyfriend. However, some people seemed to make use of his well-mannered personality by asking for his help and flirt with the older afterward. They seemed to not know when to stop even when the older had told them he was dating someone at the moment and Hyunjin got jealous and mad easily at that.

In relationship, Hyunjin was someone who would expect cuddles and kisses every time they met and Chan could not ever say no to that. The college boy loved to spoil the younger too after all.

In conclusion, they were just like a perfect silver lock and key. Or at least, that was what they thought.

>~<

March 2018

Unfortunately, everything started to go down when Chan was trusted to be an assistant by one of his lecturers. The older knew well that there would be more tons of works and responsibilities if he accepted it. But, Chan was always up for a challenge after all, specifically the one that could improve his capabilities.

At first, Hyunjin was mad at the older for two days straight since such position required him to move into the college dorm, creating more distance and lesser possibility to meet up. However, Chan did not give up convincing the younger that their relationship would be fine and nothing would change their feelings toward each other.

Then, as if it was not enough, his only best friend was given a chance to continue his first semester of senior year in Los Angeles not long after Chan moved into his campus dorm. Seungmin actually asked Hyunjin to apply for the student exchange program too, but the older refused to join since he was still not confident enough with his English.

Seungmin would be back to Korea on July. It was only four months or so. But, it still made him feel lost and alone. Not to mention his birthday was also getting closer. But, he would not be able to celebrate it together with his best friend this year.

He knew Chan and Seungmin were still here; they were just separated by distance and time zone. But, for some reasons, he felt like people just moved so fast, yet here he was, still in the same place as he was before.

"It's not the end of the world, Hyunjin. It may take some times to be back on your feet. But, you can do it. You even survived all of those years alone--friendless--and you're fine. What makes it so different now?" Hyunjin thought, trying to convince himself.

>~<

April 2018

Fast forward to one month after Seungmin went to Los Angeles, here Hyunjin was swimming, trying to release his stress. He barely met up with his boyfriend now since he has started to do his final research.

Honestly speaking, he was proud of his boyfriend since was so determined to reach his goals. But, at some point, he felt like the older forgot that Hyunjin was younger 3 years younger than him; that Hyunjin was someone who also needed attention and being prioritized.

After taking bath and putting on his clothes. He checked his phone and smiled brightly when he got a message from his lover stating they could meet up this weekend.