Chapter 9

Hyunjin woke up with a frown and a confused look clearly displayed on his face. For the very first time, he did not get his usual recurring dream. He knew that it was common for human to forget about their dream once they woke up. So, there might be a possibility where he actually forgot about it.

However, he refused to believe that. Strange as it might sound, he was able to memorize some parts of his dream and did not have a problem when he recalled it as if it indeed happened in real life. So, waking up with nothing to remember at all was quite surprising and frustrating at the same time.

It was still morning, yet his mood abruptly rocketed down to minus. He never thought that not being able to “meet” his “friend” would take its toll on his mood.

On top of that, he even managed to snap at his roommate when the said boy just asked him about his schedule and voluntarily offered him if he wanted to go together since Hyunjin said he was still not familiar with the area yesterday. But, Hyunjin chose to be a dick instead, and to say he felt awful was absolutely an understatement. He could feel regret gradually crept up every inch of his body once he realized what he did.

That day, he got three classes to attend. There was a gap between lunch time and the third class, so he spent his time in the library, trying to clear his mind, before he attended the last class. Now that he had finished all of his classes, he decided to take the bus to go back to the dorm since the distance between his major building and the dorm was quite far. Not to mention he easily got lost too.

He was scrolling through Twitter while waiting for the bus to arrive when he felt a gentle poke on his shoulder. An annoyed look plastered on his face unintentionally, but it soon disappeared as soon as he saw Jisung.

“Going home?” Jisung asked and smiled afterward.

For a whole day, Hyunjin could not stop thinking about the possibility of the younger being mad at him, yet here Jisung just smiled adorably like nothing happened at all.

Hyunjin smiled back. “Yea.”

“Had dinner yet?”

Hyunjin just shook his head to the side at that.

“Me too. Want to have it together?” Jisung asked.

“Of course I won’t mind if you refuse.” He added immediately with a slight tone of panic.

Hyunjin giggled softly at that. “Do you know where to go?”

Jisung pursed his lips while letting his eyes wander around the place. It seemed like he was trying so hard to remember anything but nothing came up.

“Adorable.” Hyunjin thought.

“Isn’t there any cafeteria in your building?” Jisung asked after a while, earning a realization gasp from the older.

“Let’s go then! Lead the way, captain!” The younger announced a little bit too loud, receiving a what-even look from the other students that were waiting for the bus.

It took a couple of minutes for them to finally arrive at the destination. The order and payment system were done by using a self-service machine so they were reading the menu through the screen now.

As Jisung was busy choosing the meal, Hyunjin took out his card secretly. He still felt guilty for what he had done earlier in the morning and decided to at least treat the squirrel-like boy something as an apology. Then, when Jisung finished ordering and was about to take out his wallet, Hyunjin immediately inserted his card and paid for their meals.

“How much was mine?”

“Who said you need to pay?”

“No! Don't wanna! Let me pay for it!” Jisung whined.