Chapter 10

In the next morning, Hyunjin woke up with an empty bedroom next to him since Jisung got morning class. As for Hyunjin, he was lucky; he only got one class after lunch that day, so he could sleep some more.

Despite the fact, Hyunjin still released an annoyed sigh as soon as he woke up. Today too, he did not experience that recurring dream. Even if he did, he did not remember any of it.

It was 9:15 when Hyunjin received a message from Seungmin that asked about his first day of college. He unknowingly smiled and asked if he could talk about it on the phone call instead. When the younger replied with a "sure", the older did not waste another second and immediately tap the call button.

"Minnie!!!" Hyunjin greeted excitedly.

"Oh wow! You almost ripped my ears off." Seungmin stated in a sarcastic tone, but Hyunjin just giggled at that.

"It looks like I'm not going to punch anyone in the near future then."

Hyunjin giggled again. "I guess. How bout you? So far so good?"

"Yea, you can say that. Anyway, how does it feel to finally leave in a dorm? How's your dorm mate?"

Hyunjin's cheek flushed red. An image of his roommate filled his mind in an instant. "So far, it's fine. My dorm mates are nice too and a little bit loud."

"But?" Seungmin said as if he could feel the older's hesitant tone that lashed in his voice.

"I snapped at my roommate yesterday."

"Why?"

"Remember about my dream?" Hyunjin asked, earning a hum. "I didn't have it yesterday and I don't know why but it made me a little bit moody."

"I don't even have it today. What if I never have it again, Minnie?"

The line went silent for a moment before a sigh was heard from the other line. Hyunjin knew that talking about the dream might irritate the younger because he was someone that did not easily believe on things that could not be proven or analyzed by logic.

While Hyunjin thought that his dream tried to show him something, Seungmin insisted that the dream was nothing but some sort of short escape created by his mind as a way to cope stress.

"I know it sounds crazy or boring to you, so let's just forget about it." Hyunjin said with a mix of annoyance and disappoinment tone.

"What? I didn't even say anything." Seungmin defended.

"Your silence is enough. I'll take a shower now."

"Hyun---"

Hyunjin ended the call before Seungmin could talk anything further. Hyunjin felt awful for hanging up on the younger like that. But, he was scared he might lash out and say something he did not mean to if he did not hang up.

Hyunjin then decided to clear his mind by taking a shower. So, he got up and took some fresh clothes from the cupboard.

It took no more than twenty minutes before he went back to his room. He then made a beeline to his study table to prepare what he needed for today's class to his navy Herschel classic backpack. Only then he realized that a pack of coffee milk and a tiramisu mochi roll cake were neatly placed there.

Hyunjin jumped excitedly. The coffee milk brand was totally his favorite. Not to mention he had been craving the mochi roll for some times now. It might sound too exaggerating, but it seemed as if Jisung always knew how to make him feel better. However, the best was yet to come.

When Hyunjin lifted the coffee milk, he noticed that there was a brown sticky note attached to it and his smile got wider right away.

I'll give you this every single day for a kiss on the cheek hahaha kidding, unless?
Anyway, eat it up! And don't forget to bring your coat!

Heat made its way to his cheeks in an instant as he read the note. He then threw himself back to his has-not-been-tidied-up-yet bed and covered his face with his pillow, screaming his lungs out.

Lips turned upward, cheeks flushed red, heart pounded hard, and tingling sensation inside his stomach; he was familiar with these signs.

Frankly speaking, he was still scared. But, he knew that it would be even harder if he resisted his feeling. So, he caved in.

>~<

Today's class went well. The lecturer was friendly and had a good sense of humor. Nonetheless, Hyunjin still wanted to go back to the dorm as soon as possible.

He was on the way back to the dorm now, but deciding to walk instead of taking the bus. Along the way to the dorm, there was a kind of little forest.

As Hyunjin looked up at several trees, he could see that the leaves have started to burst out of the buds, signalling that it was the beginning of spring. The sight was completely different compared to last night and it was intriguing to see.

It took fifteen minutes or so for Hyunjin to finally arrive. He expected to meet his roommate as soon as he opened their room door, but he was greeted with an empty room instead, making him pouted.

After putting his backpack on the bed foot, he then lazily waddled his way toward the bed and slumped down. With his front rested on it, he fell into a deep slumber.

>~<

Hyunjin was lying on his bed while reading through the texts sent by his best friend. He thought he was not in the middle of a lucid dream at that moment until something teleported him out of nowhere.

The thing, whatever it was called, has brought him into a bridge; it was a large concrete one and he was standing in the middle of it. Hyunjin smiled unknowingly since he might know where he was and who he could possibly meet there so he walked toward the edge of the bridge.

Moving his gaze to scan the area, he finally caught a figure that was sitting on one of the park benches lining up in front of the river.

"Mr. Stranger!" Hyunjin called him excitedly before running toward the said figure.

The figure looked blurry since they were separated by a quite great distance, but as Hyunjin got closer and the figure became clearer. Another sensation of being sucked into a hole returned. Before he knew it, he was forced to be woken up in the middle of the dream.