Chapter 21

3 weeks later

Hyunjin has continuously gone to the dance studio that he decided to join since two weeks ago. He would usually go there at weekend with Jisung. But since he made some new friends, he was comfortable enough to go alone when he had time.

"Can you accompany me to go somewhere tomorrow? After the dance class?" Jisung asked.

"Sure. Where are we going?" Hyunjin replied. He was typing on his laptop, while the younger was reading a novel in the older's bed.

"Secret!" The younger announced excitedly, making the older roll his eyes. But he would be lying if he said he could wait to find out whatever place Jisung invited him to since squirrel like boy was always full of surprises.

>~<

It was 4 PM when Hyunjin and Jisung arrived at the dorm. The older was actually confused as to why they could not just go to the place that the younger had been planned to go to from the dance studio. But, the squirrel like boy kept saying it was a secret and the older was not allowed to ask anything further.

"But we aren't doing something illegal, right?"

Jisung laughed at that. "Just bring your coat and scarf. I promise it's something fun."

Hyunjin fake-pouted, trying to persuade the younger to just tell him already but his effort was to no avail.

Before they left the dorm, Jisung told Sunwoo and Eric that they were not going to be in the dorm till tomorrow's afternoon, making the older become even more curious and confused. His mind tried to think about any possibilities of where they were going to head to, yet every single answer just did not fit well or seemed to not even make sense in his mind.

On the other hand, Jisung laughed wholeheartedly as he could see a dumbfounded look on Hyunjin's face. Teasing the older was certainly addicting, he thought.

>~<

About one hour later, they got off the bus, silently chattering once in a while as they strolled around unfamiliar area. The older still did not know where the squirrel like boy would lead him to, so he just enjoyed the walk while observing his surrounding.

The area was quiet. There were no other noises except the sound of their shoes stomping on the ground. They have walked past rows of private dwelling while being accompanied by moonlight and streetlights. After a while, Jisung stopped his steps in front of a medium size of two-storey building.

"Let's get inside." Jisung requested.

Hyunjin just blankly nodded, yet his eyes followed the younger who just entered a family retail store. The older walked slowly behind him, humming as he observed the shop that had various kinds of instant food and beverage stacking up in lines of white iron shelves.

Realizing that he was kind of being distracted, he searched for the squirrel like boy. Jisung was animatedly talking with an old man that he assumed as the owner. He squint his eyes; the old man somehow looked familiar. But, his mind failed to recall any memories about the stranger, at least not until a dog barked at him, pulling him out of his thoughts.

The older gasped a little. It was the same dog that played with him back in the forest park about three weeks ago. He then squatted down in no time so he could pet the adorable creature.

"He remembers you." The owner chuckled. "Come come! I'll show you something."

Hyunjin nodded his head and complied. On the other side, Jisung joined him as well, walking right behind him.

The old man led the two college boys to another room behind the cashier area. Hyunjin smiled instantly when he heard some tiny bark as soon as he entered the room. Without hesitation, he approached the fluff balls and petted their heads with his pointer finger. He carefully took it and place it between his chest and arm, cooing as he could not contain the cuteness.