Chapter 2

"And you let him?"
  I nod to the blonde, Luna. Luna Lovegood, a fourth year as well and a Ravenclaw. "Yes, what was I supposed to do? I just can't believe he didn't think I was telling the truth."
  "He doesn't seem to be very fond of children," she comments about Snape.
  "Yeah, really." I roll my eyes and they fall into a glare. Draco and his goons are entering the great hall, where Luna and I are. Her and I are sat at the Ravenclaw table, the closet table to Slytherin.
  "I can't believe him," I return my gaze back to Luna. "So high and mighty like he's all that and more. He's just a Malfoy, he's not special."
  "I beg your pardon," his voice is cold with a hint of mockery.
  I turn on the bench to face him, he's sat on the dining table, feet on the bench and goons on the bench. "You heard me," I glare.
  "(Y/N), this doesn't seem like a good idea," Luna comments to me quietly.
  "Don't I know it," I answer her.
  Draco has gotten up and made his way closer. "I'd watch my mouth if I were you. If my father-"
  "-heard about this," I continue for him. "Do it yourself. Don't make your poor father deal with your problems. Especially if it's caused by a girl."
  "(Y/N)," Luna warns me again.
  Draco's goons are quick to 'ooo', just as they did the night before. "Shut it, Hufflepuff," Draco spits. His voice is low but he has the same cold tone as before.
  "Make-"
  "(L/N)!" I'm called from the great hall doors and cut off. I look, it's Snape. "My office, now."
  I gulp down any fear and move to my feet. I bump Draco's shoulder walking past him. "Watch it," he spits.
  I leave the great hall and find my way to Snape's office. I knock on the door and it opens. "Sir," I greet him.
  "Sit," he commands, sliding a chair out from under a desk for me. I take the seat and he stands in front of me. He's around 5'10 so the height is pressuring me. "Picking a fight with Mr. Malfoy today?"
  "No, sir." I move my eyes to the floor.
  "Then what was all the commotion in the great hall this morning?"
  I get shyer with each question. "He was one of the boys making the mess in the kitchen last night."
  "Draco." At first I thought it was a question but when the door squeaks behind me I look to see Draco himself standing there. "What," Snape spits, "do you want?"
  Draco's face is hard but he continues into the room and closes the door behind himself. He's got no one with him, which is a new sight for me. "She's telling the truth."
  "What?" I mutter. I'm surprised to hear it. I look up at Snape, we both look to each other really, but Snape looks back to Draco.
  "Really?"
  Draco nods, "Yes." His gaze fixes to me. What is he doing? I'm trying to pinpoint it but his face his throwing me off. "I was in the kitchen making a mess before she showed up."
  "Alone?" Snape asks.
  "Yeah," Draco answers.
  Snape sighs and shifts in his seat a little. "As it is, you'll both be awarded detention."
  Both of us? "What?" I protest.
  "Were you or were you not causing a since in the great hall Ms.(L/N)?"
  My face falls slightly, "I was."
  "I expect you both at my classroom by 10:00pm tonight. Now out!" Snape's voice booms through the room but I'm out of it quickly, Draco following. He closes the door behind himself, I turn to face him.
  "Why did you do that?" I ask.
  "Just be grateful," his face hardens.
  I roll my eyes and start to walk away but Draco is quick to stop me. He grabs my wrist. "Stop trying to cause trouble with me."
  "Do you think I want to?" I ask.
  His face shows a closed mouth snarl. "It'd be best if you don't," he ignores my question.
  I pull my arm from him and walk away, successfully this time.