Chapter 6

It's breakfast and I'm sat at the Slytherin table with Luna and Draco. I had told her about last night so she's on Draco's side obviously but still wanted to sit with me so I wasn't to be a loner.
"-at least that's what she told me," Luna has just finished telling me about some stupid gossip.
"So she didn't actually do it?" I ask, Luna shakes her head no.
"Hey," Draco snatches my attention. "Are you still hungry?"
I shake my head no. "Are you sure? We still have half an hour till classes start," Luna offers.
I nod again, "Im good. I'm not hungry anymore."
Luna nods with an "okay" but Draco's not satisfied.
"Really?"
"Yes, I mean it."
He makes eye contact with another Slytherin across the table from Luna and I, they're eavesdropping. "What?" Draco asks in a harsh tone. I was expecting some witty comment my way to save his reputation but it didn't happen.
I stand, "I'm gonna head to class early. Coming Luna?" I ask.
"I think I'm gonna hang out here a little longer."
I nod to her but Draco rises. "I'm coming."
"M-okay."
Draco follows me out to the hall but walks side by side with me to my next class. Once there I turn to him. "Why are you being nice to me?"
"You think I want to?" he spits.
"What?" I ask suddenly confused.
He lowers his voice but doesn't keep eye contact. He's looking at something or someone behind me. "I'm sorry about this." Without warning he shoves me into the wall. "Stop acting so innocent!" He yells at me. It hurts.
"Let go of me," I struggle against him. I watch as two boys walk past us but my gaze moves fast from them back to Draco.
"You're lying," he says, his face a snarl.
"Am not!"
"I seen you do it."
"Do what?" I'm honestly in some pain from be shoved against the wall but I ignore it until Draco stops yelling at me.
He pulls me off the wall. I grip my left shoulder, one he had a harder grip on. "Are you alright?" he asks. I nod. "Did I hurt you?"
I give him a small nudge to get him off me. "I'm alright."
Draco looks up and down the halls, "Okay," and then grabs me by the collar, again.
"This again, really?" I ask. He smirks and nods but moves his face to mine, noses touching again. "I-if you want to kiss me then do it."
He doesn't move, just keeps looking into my eyes in search for something. When he finds nothing he lets go of me, so I take my turn. I grab onto his collar and pull him into a kiss. He doesn't stop me and he doesn't pull away, but he does kiss me back. I'm pressed to the wall again with a grunt and our lips separate. Draco's smiles. "Hufflepuff's got something to say."
"I wouldn't say that, maybe something to prove," I smile back. Draco links my hands with his and holds them to the wall.
"You're in your fourth year, right?" He asks. I nod. "Could I maybe take you to the ball?"
"The ball?" I ask.
He smiles, "The school dance. We had one for the Triwizard Tournament, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves so it's been offered back again this year. Just for our school."
"Me? You want to take me?" I ask. I gain a smile, "Why don't you get to know me first."
"...Why not both?" Draco offers with hesitation.
I take a moment and then speak again, "How's about this? You have two months to get to know me. Ask me to the ball again later when you know me and I'll answer."
Draco smiles, "Is that a challenge?"
I roll my eyes with a smile, "I suppose."
"Then I'm game."