Chapter 34

The first day back, for classes at least, was actually really nice. I sat with Luna during lunch, to catch up with her, and spent most of the day just being relaxed. I did have lunch with Draco so it's not like I got a break from him, but I don't really need one. I'm pretty pumped for most of my classes, even the couple of new ones I got, and the few I'd prefer not to take. But, as of right now I'm chilling in the kitchen making cookies. I've got some music on, not loud enough to wake any of the already sleeping hufflepuffs, or even the lower level Slytherins, up but enough to jam out. I'm not making the cookies for any particular reason except my own indulgence. The elves left the kitchen a long while ago so when I'm finished here I'll have to clean up my own mess, but that's nothing a little magic can't help with.
  I'm singing along with the song and dancing a little as I start to scoop out cookies onto a tray. "What are you doing in here?"
  The sudden question startles me causing me to jump a little. I turn off my music and then face the entrance of the room, eyes wide.
  My eyes narrow, "Don't do that. How did you know it was me?" It's Draco, he's got a huge smirk on his face. I turn and continue to scoop cookies, shaking my head at him.
  "Well, I was about to bust whoever was in here but I decided to see who it was first," he laughs. "When I saw it was you I knew I could make you jump," he laughs.
I glare at him, "Rude," but I'm only teasing. "Why are you up here?" I ask. Draco shrugs.
"Am I not allowed to be?"
"No, you are," I shake my head.
"I figured you'd be awake, that's all."
"Oh," I cross my arms having finished scooping enough cookies for now. "And how did you expect to get into the Hufflepuff common room?"
Draco laughs, "It's not that hard."
"You're not allowed to be in there. You'd get in trouble."
"No I wouldn't."
I roll my eyes and then put the cookies into the oven. Of course he wouldn't, he'd have some excuse. And if not, his father would get him out of it. "You never get in trouble do you?" I say.
"What do you mean by that?" Draco finally moves from the doorway and comes to where I am.
I wrap my arms around his waist. "Nothing," I bury my face into his chest. When I don't feel Draco put his arms around me I look up to him. "What?"
He's looking at the entryway, I follow his gaze. "Professor," I greet Snape. Why is it him who always finds us. I pull myself away from Draco and grab a already baked cookie. "Cookie?" I offer. Snape looks at it in disgust.
"No thank you." Boy did I miss him. And his cheery attitude.
"Can we help you?" Draco asks, his usual snarl showing.
"No," Snape looks to him. "I was just on patrol. Make sure you clean," he motions to my mess, "this up after."
I nod, "Of course." Snape gives the room one last sweep with his eyes before leaving sight. It's quiet between Draco and I. Draco opens his mouth to speak but I shove a cookie into it. "No smart comments," I say. He nods and eats the cookie.
"Wait, you made these?"
"No, I just have all this cookie dough from the store and threw flour all over myself to make it look like I made them myself," I comment sarcastically.
Draco laughs with a smirk, "Why go through all that trouble when you can make some yourself?"
"You're not funny," I smile. Draco returns my smile and wraps his arms around me.
  "Why are you making cookies?" he asks. I shrug. "What do you mean," he mocks my shrug. "Were you just bored?"
  "Maybe. Or, it may have been because a few of the other hufflepuffs had a little too much- how do I put this, 'Mary Jane'," I add air quotes, "and wanted cookies. The house elves weren't here so they couldn't get any but since they were talking about them I wanted to make some."
  Draco kisses my shoulder, "Well they're good. You did good, babe."
  I almost snort but look up to Draco work raised eyebrows. "Babe? Did you just 'babe' me?" I ask with a smile.
  "What? Can I not call you babe?" he smiles.
  "I didn't say you couldn't," I laugh. "It's just new, I've never heard it from you before."
  "Is there some other name you'd prefer?" he asks.
  I shake my head still smiling, "Call me whatever you want."
  "Even baby?" I nod. "And honey?" I hesitate but nod. "What about love?"
  "Go for it," I say.
  "Darling?"
  "Draco, call me what you want, I don't care."
  He's smile turns to a smirk, "Alright. What about baby girl?" I slightly cringe due to the sexualization of the name.
  "Sure," my voice goes up an octave.
  He laughs at me. "Right, what about (L/N)?"
  "Why call me that when you can just use my first name?"
  "Then what about," he thinks for a second hesitates and then says, "chubby bunny?"
"Excuse me?" I gawk with a smile. "Rude," I add and hit his arm lightly.
Draco laughs, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it."
I shake my head and just as I do my timer goes of. I pull the tray out from the oven, with a oven mitt, and set it down. Draco grabs for one but I smack his hand. "There still hot dummy. You'll burn your mouth if you eat one now."
  Draco holds up his hands, "That's not a cute nickname," I snort, "but fine. I'll wait." I start to scoop more cookies for bake. "Can I have some of the dough then?"
  I laugh, "Do you wanna get salmonella?"
  "What's that?" he asks.
  "It's a food poisoning," I say. "You get it from raw eggs."
  "What? You could die from raw eggs?"
  I laugh again, "You won't die, I've already had some. I'm only bothering you so you don't eat all my cookies or dough."
  Draco scowls, "I wouldn't do that, you know. I'm not that mean."
  "Mmhmm."
  "Oh, piss off," he smirks. I smile back but it's rudely interrupted by a sneeze. "Bless you," Draco smiles at me, shoving cookie dough into his mouth.
  I roll my eyes, "You really are a pain."