Chapter 47

I can hear her screams. It's terrifying. I wish I could make it stop, but all I can do is cry with her. Draco hasn't come back upstairs and the only indication to anyone still being in the house is Hermione screaming. I'm shaking, she must be in so much trouble. The bedroom door opens and I look up quickly but it's only a house elf. "Poor girl," he says before starting to dust. Another chilling scream sounds through the house and I sink into the bed more. Please, make Bellatrix stop.

I continue to cry until I realize how eerily quiet it is. I lift my head just in time to hear yelling and spells being cast, people are fighting. But, just as soon as I hear them it goes quiet again. I wipe my eyes and try and focus on what's going on.
"Stop!" Someone yells and all goes quiet. I get up from my spot and move to the door. I didn't notice the house elf leave but he's gone. "I said drop 'em!" There's a moment of whispers, or rather talking, that I can't make out before Bellatrixs yells for the third time. "Call him," this time she's less intense. Faint screeching or something is heard and I can hear the floor I'm on creak. I bring my eyebrows together out of confusion. What? Bella screams and glass is smashed, or at least that's what it sounds like. "Stupid elf. You could've killed me!"
  "Dobby never meant to kill. Dobby only meant to maim or.. seriously injure." That's a new voice, it's quieter then Bella as well. Which isn't a surprise.
  "How dare you take a witches wand?! How dare you defy your masters?!" Bella is back to yelling.
  "Dobby has not master. Dobby is a free elf. And Dobby has come to safe Harry Potter and his friends." The confidence in the house elves voice is impeccable. It even takes me back a little. I hear someone warp, whether it's in our out of the building I don't know but afterwords it goes quiet for a moment.
"Yes!" Bellatrix starts to laugh like a child, "It went through."
Heavy footsteps start upstairs and I back away from the door and back onto the bed. I'm sat up on the bed with my feet over the edge. The bedroom door opens, it's Draco. He's nervous and slightly sweaty. "What's wrong?" I ask. He shakes his head but he also hasn't looked up at me yet.
"Potter," he spits, "took my wand." He looks up at me, his face wrinkled with anger. I watch as they fade and his face becomes straight and soft. "You're crying."
"Was," I state. "Past tense."
"W-why?" Draco comes over to me and I wipe at my cheeks once more to make sure he isn't right and I have stopped.
"Just..." I hesitate but stop.
  "Is what happened before bothering you still?" Draco asks cupping my cheeks. I shake my head, nod, and open my mouth again.
  "Yes, that's bothering me but that's not what I was crying over." I look up into Draco's eyes.
  "Well I can't help if you don't tell me what's wrong."
  "..I was scared." Draco furrows his eyebrows. "Did you not hear her screaming? And it was probably all thanks to Bellatrix." I shiver just thinking about it.
  Draco nods, "I practically watched as it happened, but it's hard to stop her. Bella really likes causing pain."
  "No, really," I scoff.
Draco kisses my head and sits down beside me.
  "I'm just glad it wasn't you. Bella carved 'mudblood' into her arm while she screamed at her."
  "What if it was me? What would yo-"
  "I wouldn't let you get into that position," Draco says. I stay quiet, Draco goes quiet too for a moment. He sighs, "Like I was saying before," he falls back into the bed, "Potter took my wand. Now what am I to do?"
  I look back at him, "I don't know." I lay on my side beside him and push the front of his hair back off his forehead just to bother him. "Maybe we can get you a new one."
  "Tsk, the wand chooses the wizard, not the other way around." He's right. I lay on my back.
  "What now?" I ask.
  "I don't know, baby. I don't know."