Chapter 50

I wake up with a smile on my face. Last night was nice. I got to see Draco and spend some time with him, given we did make out basically the whole time but I'm not complaining. I'm just glad I got to see him, he's what gets me through this hell hole something.
  After getting ready I enter the common room lounge. When I do I'm hit with excitement and anticipation. What's got everyone in a good mood? "Good morning," a younger hufflepuff greets me.
  "Uh, hey." I stop the other hufflepuff before they get too far. "What's got everyone so happy?" I ask.
  The hufflepuff smiles. "It's December."
  "Okay," I say slowly.
  "December 21st."
  "Your point?"
  The hufflepuff sighs. "It's almost Christmas!"
  "And you think Snapes gonna give us a break?" They shrug. "I highly doubt it. If he hasn't sent us home for our usual winter break he probably won't."
  The hufflepuff shakes their head. "I heard that he's going to let us go home for Christmas Eve and we don't have to come back till the day after Boxing Day."
  "Really?" I play along to not break the hufflepuffs heart. "I hope so." I smile. The other hufflepuff walks away with a smile similar to mine, except it's genuine. I head out to get breakfast.

  "And everyone keeps talking about leaving for Christmas break," I say. "What do you thinks gonna happen? You're smart."
Luna smiles, "I think he will. Snape isn't that evil."
"You'd hope not."
"Genuinely, I think he will."
I nod and look back to my notes. "Let's hope." Luna and I are in the library, more to hang out then study, but she's all packed up and ready to leave. I've been staling her so she'll stay and keep me as company.
"I've got to go, I'll see you tomorrow."
I give in. "Alright. See ya," I wave her off as she leaves the room. The room falls quiet and I gain a chill. Why is the library suddenly so creepy? It's never been like this. I gain another chill as all the candles in the room blow out causing the room to go dark, besides the light pouring in from the hallway. My eyes grow wide and I quickly start to grab for my stuff to start packing. A hand grabs my wrist before I can grab the farthest book from me. My heart starts to pound out of my chest. What's happening? I'm frozen in fear.
  "Where are you going?" There's a male whisper behind me. The hand starts to move up my arm, it's grip starting to loosen and letting go. "Nothing?" A new hand touches my opposite shoulder. "You are quite something, aren't you?"
  Who is this? "Wh-what do you want?" I ask, my voice almost giving out at the end.
  "Why don't you tell me?" There hands moved from my shoulder to my wrist, again opposite from the first one they had a grip on. I suck in my breath as what feels like a wand is pressed lightly on my neck. "Tell me, who do you think I am?"
  I rack my brain. Do I answer truthfully, do I stay quiet, or do I take a guess? "I-I don't know."
  A hand grabs the back of my neck, "Wrong!" I'm pulled back into the person's chest and they put their arm over my chest to hold me closer. "Starts with Volde and ends with Mort." My eyes widen and I start to struggle.
  "Let go of me!"
  Voldemort laughs, "Keep moving and I'll end your pathetic little life." I stop moving as he finishes talking. "Done?" I stop myself from nodding. "Come," he pushed me in front of him and points his wand at me. "We're off to see your little boyfriend," he spits the last word. When I exit the library I'm grabbed by a masked Death Eater. They grab my arm and pull me to them. Voldemort takes lead and I'm pulled to follow. We walk around the school till we get to the headmasters office. "Hello," Voldemort greets. I look up to find Snape, a masked Death Eater and Draco in the room. I assume the masked Death Eater is Lucius by the grip on Draco's shoulder. Draco has anger in his eyes.
  "What is this for? Just let her go," Draco says to Voldemort.
  Voldemort tsks three times. "I have questions."
  Draco eyes start to water, he's trying to stay strong but seeing us in this unbelievable situation has him upset. I don't blame him. We both said it would never happen. My attention is taken from Draco as I'm sat in a chair. "Stay," Voldemort smiles. I glare at him but stay seated. "Good girl." Might as well bark at him if he's gonna treat me like a dog.
  "Is this all really necessary?" Snape asks.
  "Yes!" Voldemort yells. He sounds like a child who always needs his way. "Now," he turns his attention from Snape to Draco. "What does she bring you that no one else can? Hum?" Draco looks from me to him rapidly a couple times.
  "Please," he begs. I watch as he squirms as the hand on his shoulder seems to squeeze harder. He pushes the hand off him. "Let her go!"
  "Tell me!" Voldemort yells. Draco looks at me, I shake my head. Don't give in. "Is it size? Do you have a 'thing'?"
  "No."
  "Maybe it's her obedience," he smiles, waving his hands around for dramatic effect. I don't like that assumption but only glare at him, bitting my tongue. "What.. Is it?!"
  "Enough," Snape intervenes. "They are children."
  "Draco stopped being a child when he joined the club!" A couple men laugh in the shadows with Voldemort. "See?"
  "This isn't going to get you anywhere, let the girl go," Snape says.
  "Why must you be like this?!" He yells towards the end. "I'm trying to ruin this young love story!"
  "She's everything to me," Draco speaks up.
  "No," I cry. Voldemort looks from him to me and points his wand at me.
  "Shut it!.. Speak up Draco."
  ".. She's everything I want and-"
  "Draco," the Death Eater beside him grabs his shoulder again.
  "No, I-I mean it. All I want in this world," he looks at me, "is to make her happy and keep her safe."
  Voldemort start to laugh and clap. "Yes, very good!" he cheers. "Now, Wormtail, let the girl go."
  The hand once holding me back is lifted and I hesitate leaving. Draco's eyes tell me to leave but I can't. I reach him and connect our lips. Just as I do my eyes open and I'm found still in the dark library. I bang my book closed and start to pack up quickly. I shiver and pull my bag over my shoulder, leaving the library as fast as I can.