Chapter 30

I swiftly left the office as fast as I could. I can't be in there any longer, and it's not just because Bella yelled at me to leave. Not seeing Draco in the living room, I rush upstairs and into the guest room. I shut the door behind myself and slide down it. What the hell is wrong with her? I bring my hand to my check again. It hurts. I stand in the dimly lit room, switch on the light and make my way to the mirror. There's a faint hand mark to show where I've been hit. I wipe my eyes of tears and decide to change into my pjs. I pull off my shirt and a knock is heard on the door. "(Y/N)?" Its Draco.
  "Uh, one second," I call. Quickly I put a shirt on and open the door for him. "I'm just changing before we hang out," I lie.
  He looks at me for a second before asking, "What happened?"
  "What do you mean?" I ask back.
  "I," he tries to bring his hand to my cheek but I move my head, "heard yelling from downstairs. Would you let me see?" his last sentence is slightly angry. I turn my cheek to show Draco. "Why would she do this?"
  "I don't know," I gain a pout and look to the floor.
  "Just.. Just relax, I'll talk to her later. For now let's go to my room, it's getting late."
  I nod, "I'm gonna finish changing."
  "Okay."

Draco and I played video games till we passed out, sorta. I had had to stop before I passed out, it had been a long day. So I curled up beside Draco as he continued to play his console. When I woke up I was still curled up to him but with a blanket over me and Draco sat up again, already awake.
I look up to him. "Good morning," he says without looking at me. I can see he's trying to hold back a smile, he's teasing me.
I smile, "No good morning kiss?" I tease. Saying this breaks his face and he smiles looking down at me. He kisses my forehead. "Thank you," I praise him. He nods and turns his attention back to the paper in his hands. "Whatcha got?" I ask.
He sets the paper down on his bedside table, says, "Nothing of importance," and turns his attention to me. "How was your sleep?"
I sit up, "Good. Did you sleep any?" He nods. "Are you sure?" He nods again.
"I did, I was just woken up by my father this morning, that's all."
"Why?" I ask.
He rolls his eyes. "He wanted to see if you were in here. But, he only came as far as the door."
"Does-," I hesitate looking at my hands, "does he really not like me?"
Draco sighs, "He's just worried for me. It's like..." he thinks for a moment. "It's like a father should be with his daughter, but oddly he's like that with me. Or so it seems."
I nod, "I understand what you mean but, don't you think he's being a bit overkill? He could be overprotective and take precautions at a more normal level."
"Yeah but he's my father, he can't be normal."
I snort with a smile, "That's for sure." Draco pulls me into his lap.
"I kept quiet all night, now, tell me, how are you? Does your cheek still hurt?"
"Draco," I complain.
"No, I need to know."
I sigh, "I'm fine. And no, it doesn't."
"Are you sure?"
"Draco," I attempt to scold but it's more of a whine.
"I'm sorry," he's angry, "I just don't appreciate my girlfriend being slapped across the face." I go quiet. "I'm sorry." This time it's sincere.
"It's alright."
Draco pulls me closer to him and into a hug. "Let's go get some breakfast, and hopefully before Bella wakes up."